September 2013 Weddings

MOH just threw me a curve ball

My MOH/sister sent me a text yesterday with a pic of a positive pregnancy test!
I am happy for her and very excited to have a new baby to love on.
The only issue is I am planning a kid free reception.
Would it be wrong of me to allow her to have the baby kept in the brides suite with a sitter even though I am having all of the other kids watched at a different location(suite not big enough for all kids) after the dinner?
She is the most important part of my family and I want her to share the day with me while at the same time being not too far from her little one.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MOH just threw me a curve ball

• mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I think this is totally your decision. Are there any other kids in your immediate family? I think the simple line, for anyone that might question this, is that you have made special arrangements for your immediate family only. If the baby isn't actually at the wedding, who will notice?

Congrats on becoming an aunt!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You're definitely allowed to have immediate family kids only (as long as this baby will be the only immediate family kid). I also feel like an exception to the no kids rule can be made for infants. Usually they'll be asleep the whole time anyway, and they won't be running around or anything crazy. People will get it. She's your sister, and it's a newborn. Sorry - just re-read your question and what you were actually asking. Same rules though - your sister/MOH is absolutely allowed special treatment in this instance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You are absolutely allowed to make acceptions for special guests especially since it is your niece/nephew.
    My FI's sister is due any day now and my brother and sister in law are having a baby in March and both babies will be welcome (though FI's sister already said she's made arrangements for a sitter to be with the baby on site and not at the reception....her call). But otherwise it is a kid-free event. I agree with PP that infants are a different story too, they don't run around or make too much noise and you aren't paying for them to eat.
    Congratulations Auntie!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!
    Even my children will be leaving after dinner. We are having an open bar and I don't like the idea of my kids being around people who will over drink.
    I just didn't want to get side-eyed by folks that are the I specific reason I made it kid free.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that has to be your call 100%.  I can't stress enough it is your day so do what is going to make YOU happy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_moh-just-threw-me-a-curve-ball?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a2977fb6-16c5-4e41-a3c2-e0f9e664cc44Post:cbb336f4-56a0-4e7e-9c3f-82e4eeee2c74">Re: MOH just threw me a curve ball</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that has to be your call 100%.  I can't stress enough it is your day so do what is going to make YOU happy. 
    Posted by MandiNewMommy[/QUOTE]

Ditto this!  There's no need to worry about keeping all things equal.  That's why I like this board so much.  We aren't going to be etiquette nazis.  She's your sister and you have every right to have a different set up for her. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_moh-just-threw-me-a-curve-ball?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a2977fb6-16c5-4e41-a3c2-e0f9e664cc44Post:85bd4b94-9372-44db-abac-7d75a7b93f2d">MOH just threw me a curve ball</a>:
    [QUOTE] My MOH/sister sent me a text yesterday with a pic of a positive pregnancy test! I am happy for her and very excited to have a new baby to love on. The only issue is I am planning a kid free reception. Would it be wrong of me to allow her to have the baby kept in the brides suite with a sitter even though I am having all of the other kids watched at a different location(suite not big enough for all kids) after the dinner? She is the most important part of my family and I want her to share the day with me while at the same time being not too far from her little one.
    Posted by mysticfishtales[/QUOTE]

spin it and say you'll pay for the sitter so she can party with you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards