September 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Wednesday

Sorry for being MIA this week -- getting over a bad head cold.

Your Wedding Wednesday question for the week: what is, will be, or what do you expect to be the biggest splurge for your wedding? Not necessarily what you will be paying the most for, but what element are you ok with spending a little bit more on in order for it to be perfect?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Options
    I would say ours is a toss up between photography and our DJ... There was zero discussion regarding our photographer, and I would probably have paid even more for her services, she is just that good (and I have met her previously, being a friend of a friend's friend). As far as entertainment, FI really wanted this live band, but for $6k for less than 4 hours of play time, I put the kabosh on that idea. He came back with "Well then we are hiring the best DJ out there." Aaaaand that's what we did.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our biggests splurges will be the food, booze and decor.
      Food - my family is italian, Booze - His family is irish. 
    My biggest thing is the enviroment and decor at the wedding.  I have a picture in my head that I can't wait to see all done up! 
    We got really lucky with out Photogs and DJ.  They are amazing and really really great pricing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our biggest splurge will be our venue.  We cut back everywhere else to be able to afford it.  We're having our recpetion on a yacht but it's going to be awesome!
  • Options
    This will def be pics.  I had a simi pro friend do my first wedding and the pics were not what I wanted.  I am willing to pay a little more this time around to makesure and get what I want. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a5abac01-91a2-44ba-ba49-cc216b3c56c6Post:54868972-86a6-4509-a05c-96af382e47ba">Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Sorry for being MIA this week -- getting over a bad head cold.</strong> Your Wedding Wednesday question for the week: what is, will be, or what do you expect to be the biggest splurge for your wedding? Not necessarily what you will be paying the most for, but what element are you ok with spending a little bit more on in order for it to be perfect?
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Hope you get to feeling better soon!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm with you, mpic with photography.

To me, it is all you really have at the end (well...besides a spouse LOL).

I love love love pictures and frequently just look at pics for fun so it was super important to me.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a5abac01-91a2-44ba-ba49-cc216b3c56c6Post:54868972-86a6-4509-a05c-96af382e47ba">Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Sorry for being MIA this week -- getting over a bad head cold.</strong>
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Feel better!

Our biggest splurges will be photography and transportation. Awesome pics are a must, and I don't want my family attempting to drive from reception to the hotel lol.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a5abac01-91a2-44ba-ba49-cc216b3c56c6Post:605f27c7-7d01-4e20-baa2-3e34574917d4">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our biggest splurge will be our venue.  We cut back everywhere else to be able to afford it.  We're having our recpetion on a yacht but it's going to be awesome!
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

That's awesome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ours is definitely the venue/food - it's 60% of our budget, not including alcohol. Cutting back a little everywhere else!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the well-wishes, Mandi & Tay!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm crestfallen because I can't use the venue I wanted. So we are splurging on the cake instead. 4.50/ slice for 250 people
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a5abac01-91a2-44ba-ba49-cc216b3c56c6Post:705fab23-c2d3-4a47-9c4b-aaec8970e95b">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love love love pictures and frequently just look at pics for fun so it was super important to me.
    Posted by elliemonster2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Ellie, if you love wedding photography, check out stylemepretty.com and fearlessphotographers.com -- both amazing photo inspiration sites!</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    We're doing everything as cheaply a possible except our photographer and ceremony site. We knew the photographer we wanted before we were even engaged shot our best friends' wedding and we loved her! so we didn't even shop around. 

Ceremony site is definitely a splurge. We could have had an outdoor ceremony for free or very cheap but I didn't want weather stress. So instead we're paying 500 to get married in a manuscript library. It's totally worth my peace of mind. Plus, it's a library!!
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a5abac01-91a2-44ba-ba49-cc216b3c56c6Post:ee67da63-4a9d-4011-90e1-33d8a670606b">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Wednesday : Ellie, if you love wedding photography, check out stylemepretty.com and fearlessphotographers.com -- both amazing photo inspiration sites!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Stylemepretty is my BFF lol...so so much fun.  I'll check out fearless, thx!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a5abac01-91a2-44ba-ba49-cc216b3c56c6Post:ee67da63-4a9d-4011-90e1-33d8a670606b">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Wednesday : Ellie, if you love wedding photography, check out stylemepretty.com and <strong>fearlessphotographers.com</strong> -- both amazing photo inspiration sites!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

I think my workday just got a little less productive.  ;-)  Thanks for the recommendation.  I'm already glued to Style Me Pretty and Green Wedding Shoes. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh yeah, love Green Wedding Shoes! I also really like Budget Savy Bride, Broke Ass Bride, and A Practical Wedding... Yea, I may be a little obsessed with wedding blogs!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As for the splurge.... It's actually something I am headbutting with the fiance about right now.  We agreed early on we wanted to have a live band and play music that was a representation of us as a couple.   Well, we found a band at a small bluegrass music festival and approached them and they have agreed to do it, but they approach it more like a "bar gig".  Sure they'll dress up but they're not going to go out of their way to play special requests and stuff.  I haven't been excited about them ever since they said that. 

I started doing more research and found a local band that would be complete perfection.  They have a folk/americana/bluegrass vibe that we're totally into.  They already do many weddings and already play many of the songs I love like Avett Brothers and Mumford and Sons.  I'm completely over the moon excited... if my fiance will just let up and allow me to book them.  They're about $900 more than the first band we talked to, but they're so much more appropriate.  I want them SOOOO badly.  How fun would they be for a vintage/rustic barn wedding!?!  They've opened up for national acts that have toured Cincinnati and are fantastic.  I think they're worth the extra money.  Hopefully he will come around because they're only saving our date for a couple more weeks. 

Other than that, our food is taking up a considerable amount of our budget.  But we're all about the music and food. That's us. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Probably photography. I'm so picky about it, that it's going to be hard to pick.  I'm willing to spend more for the perfect look.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Other than the food and venue... All rolled into one really since its at a hotel. I want the DJ to be amazing !!!! I like to dance. Most people who will be there like to dance. And well a boring dj makes for a boring wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DMoore421DMoore421 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Who is the band? Sounds like someone who would play shakori that I go to all the time?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards