September 2013 Weddings
Options

Vent!!

Is anyone else out there afraid to go to any other boards? Before this week I never ventured past this board and the Getting in Shape board. I was in a couple other boards and commented on stuff and got totally chewed out. Some of the girls out there are crazy!!! Everyone on this board and the GIS board are so nice and supportive that I thought maybe everyone on TK was nice. <-- naive! Anyone else had this same problem? I'm officially never venturing out again!

Re: Vent!!

• Options
    Agreed!  There are some VERY mean / rude women out there on other boards.  God forbid you do not have the same opinion as them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree. I have posted here and tere on a few boards but mostly everyone on the other boards seem so catty... And ready to just down your throat... I love this board though. Seems a lot of the other boards have soo many people that are already months and some years past their wedding and if u do something different than they did they wanna poke your eyes out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I can relate. When I first got engaged last year I posted a couple questions and basically got bitched out by people who "run" those particular boards. Was pretty off-putting. I stopped posting for months! 
  • Options
    OMG i'm so glad it's not just me!!!! i felt so bad for this girl because she posed a question and everyone jumped down her throat. i happened to agree with the poor girl so then i got attached too! craziness!! Sept 2013 4 LIFE lol
  • Options

I saw it a few years ago when I planning #1 and when I came back for #2 I just stalked this page as well as the Detroit page. As soon I was sure the majority of people were normal I did my intro, I have not even learked on other boards. Just not worth it. You ladies and Detroit ladies are all the advice and humor I need in my day!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:b6de9ed6-e242-4272-9fe8-9bd1a881d988Post:6e4bdeec-1988-4a2d-bd40-6d54fa9cc6be">Re: Vent!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Sept 2013 4 LIFE lol
    Posted by jpines22[/QUOTE]

<div>Love. lol.</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I posted on another board about my brother getting engaged, and me feeling a little unsettled by it. Girls were SO MEAN, telling me how I only get one day and not to be such a brat. One lady turned it into how I can't be happy for women who aren't "young, white, and skinny" (which my future sister in law is all three... and, uh, NO?!).

Anyway... I love this board.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lol jpin lol. I'll second that! Mpic, I think we talked about a similar topic here. (i think) and some of us totally understood the way the op felt and could commiserate. (sorry I can't remember the exact thread) you have every right to your feelings! I just don't get why these women have to attack you and turn it into something crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was just telling someone about how most TK is full of mean girls! Glad this board is sane...for now! I posted something the other day that I was worried might come off as rude and I was hoping you guys wouldn't get upset at me for it! Lol. The Detroit board seems to be okay too. I agree with PP about the brides that have been married for years posting all the time...I guess I just don't get it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I lurk a little on the other boards but I usually don't post.  Sometimes I will, but mostly I just try to stay out of it.  My local board is a dead-zone so I'm glad we have some live ones here! Sept 2013!
  • Options
    I made the mistake of whining about my being engaged with a lack of ring but still planning our wedding a while back on the NEY board.  They chewed me a new a**hole.  But I took it in stride.  They were right.  It was my choice on whether to accept a verbal engagement without a ring until he could afford it.  (It was May 12th and it was a the sweetest teary-eyed "I want to marry you but I can't afford a ring yet" proposal ever.  And immediately afterward we went and looked at venues because the ring didn't matter.  Like I told him that day, the ring is just a token and it's what is in our hearts that matters.)  It wasn't right of me to whine about how long it was taking for it to actually arrive on my finger.  So at first I was put out by what they wrote and how snarky they were, but it was the kick in the bum I needed to just be happy and accept our engagement for what it is and continue on with our plans.  And I've been content ever since.  I love my FI and even if it takes right up to the day before we exchange vows, I'll still be happy.  ... Of course with that said, when I do finally get it I'll be jumping for joy. 

Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I started out posting on NEY, loved it. This place is a little too chill for me at times. I miss the snark. lol And the people. I just don't have the time to commit to the community that's there. The regs are super close (which is the reason why the married people in general on TK don't move on. Bonds form that don't end just because you're an old married hag).
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    don't worry goofy and mpickl! no one will judge you here!!! :) 
  • Options
    omg i went back. i shouldn't have but the girls are so mean! i'm probably going to get banned now. i don't even know what that means. yikes! i SWEAR i'm only staying here now!!!! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:b6de9ed6-e242-4272-9fe8-9bd1a881d988Post:5ae3d181-65ba-4cf3-b931-6d57c21f5b6a">Re: Vent!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg i went back. i shouldn't have but the girls are so mean! <strong>i'm probably going to get banned now</strong>. i don't even know what that means. yikes! i SWEAR i'm only staying here now!!!! 

What on earth did you do?
  • Options
    i actually just went back and deleted my last post bc no one had seen it yet. the moderator on the SB called me cheap because i'm not giving everyone at my wedding a plus one. wtf does she know about my financial situation? and she's a moderator - shouldn't she, idk...maybe moderate? and not be a total judgmental b****? i just don't get it. whatever. it's done now. i deleted my last post and i'm not going back. they can call me whatever they want. it's just so sad that people are like that. 
  • Options
    Seriously?  She's a jerk.  Plus ones are the bride and groom's call, not anyone else's.
  • Options
    All those biotches need to make their way to the snarky brides section.  We're all here for a common reason and it's such a buzz kill when you come across those types of women.  Each week we should round up all the top Debbie Downers and delete em'!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You ladies are my faves on TK.  I really only post on here and the Detroit board.  Goofy and mpickl and jpines22 you all are full of sunshine so don't let anyone rain on your parade.
  • Options
    You guys are all so sweet! I'm going to be thoroughly depressed once my wedding is over!
  • Options
    I am so glad I am a September 2013 Bride!  I thought I was the only one who got intimidated by the other boards! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Just because September 2013 is a finate date doesn't mean the board will disappear! I hope we can all still keep in touch and share our newlywed stories!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I frequent a couple of the other boards but only post sporadically (I did post more under my previous s/n - changed for more anonymity).  I tend to ignore the gang-fights and catty threads, and while I agree that some of the kick-in-the-rear posts are helpful at times, some posters do take it too far.  While I may not agree with some things (ie, cash bar.  The thought makes me cringe, but I'm old school and it's in my budget.  For others, it's not.  Oh well), my wedding is not another bride's wedding and I'm not going to burn her at the stake for not extending +1s or not having favors.  There's a way to talk to people, and just because you're online doesn't mean that common courtesy should go out the window.

That said, this is definitely a chill board.  I like it here :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Very well-said Taybeach!!! question - is it possibly to change your account name without creating a whole new account? i would really like to nix my last name and just make it "jess1234" or something like that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:b6de9ed6-e242-4272-9fe8-9bd1a881d988Post:12fb2bdf-b637-4c25-b855-a959c84f2cc8">Re: Vent!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very well-said Taybeach!!! question - <strong>is it possibly to change your account name without creating a whole new account</strong>? i would really like to nix my last name and just make it "jess1234" or something like that.

Nope, you'll have to make a new account.  That's exactly the problem I ran into!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I completely agree and am glad i'm not the only one. I have gone to a few other boards to lurk but what I found was shameful! The way some of these posters talk to each other is awful. I actually saw one post where the original poster was getting chewed out and being called names and mocked and one other poster stuck up for her then all posters jumped on her calling her a hero and making fun of her for protecting the newbie.

I post no where but here where everyone is friendly and reasonable!
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG YES!  Wait untill you get to the bump...those ladies are harsh!  This is my 2nd time on the knot and I have been on the bump sence finding out I was pregnant.  Def clicky!  This board is a breath of fresh air....aww group hugs!  We all think def and that is why we (well at least I) am here to get other point of view and things but no need to be so rude! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What?!  Mandi are you serious? The bump is full of meanies?  Wow.  When me and FI get to the family planning stage I guess I won't be relying on that board.  And you are so right mpickl.  We can still stay in touch once the ticker winds down to 0 days Laughing.  That's why I'm so happy I introduced myself as soon as we started planning.  Time is going so quickly already so I'm trying to soak up all the good planning times with you ladies while I can.  Then afterwards we can talk as married gals!
  • Options
    It seems to be a common issue... and I think it result in people being afraid to post... I find it funny when people question why their board is so quiet... it's probably because meanies have scared everyone from posting...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:b6de9ed6-e242-4272-9fe8-9bd1a881d988Post:75045bc9-dcd8-40f9-b867-f0e4818a70dd">Re: Vent!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agreed!  There are some VERY mean / rude women out there on other boards.  God forbid you do not have the same opinion as them. 
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

yeah on the Detroit mi board there is this one old woman who got married years ago and she just gives advice with jabs. Not nice a t all. If she ever crosses me I might tell her to realize her wedding was almost alf a decade ago and she needs to find a new hobby
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards