September 2013 Weddings
Options

Dress

Just curious, how long did it take for your dress to come in, or how long did they tell you it would take?  I haven't ordered a dress yet.  I've been looking, and may  end up buying one that I just found, but I am the most indecisive person ever, so I want to look a few other places just to make sure I am making the right decision.  My wedding is September 15th.  People have been stressing me out saying that I am cutting it extremely close, since the dress has a lot of beading.  The one dress shop also mentioned that Chinese New Year is coming up, or is going on, and because of that, everything gets back ordered?? So just wondering how long it took for your dresses to come in, or how long they told you it would take for it to come in.

Thanks!
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress

• Options
    I ordered mine the first weekend in August and it came in the second week of December. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I ordered mine in mid-July and came in at the beginning of September, but the bridal shop told me to give it at least 6 months cause all designers are different on time frames
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I ordered mine the first week of sept and it just came in the first week of January.
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I ordered mine at the end of May. It came in about 4 months but was defective so it had to be sent back to the designer. I've been told to expect the new gown at the end of February, a full 9 months from the time I ordered it. Don't leave these types of thing to chance, because stuff happens and you might need all the time you can get. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I ordered mine in July.  I was told it would get here by December 20th.  Two weeks ago they told me it shipped (I think it was December 28th?).  I haven't heard from them but they know my wedding isn't until September so I bet I'm in the bottom of the priority list.  I'll probably go in again Saturday with a bridesmaid to pick out her dress so I'll ask them about it when I go in.  Moral of the story: make sure you have a contract with the date on it.  If something went wrong, I'll be able to argue with them because they are technically late right now.
  • Options
    it depends on the store and the designer of the dress.  But if you go with say david's bridal they will tell you like 3 months but mine came in in two weeks!
  • Options
    It depends on where the designer is located. Who is the designer? My dress was ordered in November and I was told end of April.  
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i ordered mine late July and was told it would be here in 5 months. However, no word from the store as of yet. December would have been the 5 months mark.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
  • Options
    I ordered the second week of September and was told late January was possible, but more likely the first week of February.  (Mori Lee)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Options
    I bought a sample... So I got mine the day I bought it.

I'm no help... Sorry
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wow.... the dates really do seem sto vary.
    The dress I may end up going with is by Allure.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered an Allure ballgown during the first week of September and I was told to expect it in February. 
  • Options
    Yeah, it completely depends on the designer.  I think the more time you give yourself, the better, so it wouldn't hurt to start looking ASAP (in case something does go awry).  I've heard anywhere from 6-8 months.  I ended up purchasing the floor model (which was my size and hadn't been tried on by anyone else!) so I lucked out in not having to wait.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:ba0eacf9-8347-470a-8ce6-48689c089768Post:9d08b77b-42a4-4e0e-ab3d-8a54f4cc979b">Re: Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered mine the first weekend in August and it came in the second week of December. 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

Same here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also went to David's. They told me 3 months, it was 2 weeks. But I wouldn't leave it to chance, I think the sooner the better.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered mine the first week of October and was told six months. I was in the store when we were looking for bridesmaids dresses about 4 weeks ago and they mentioned it was set to arrive in early February. Whether or not that is when it will actually get here, I don't know yet. As PPs have mentioned it's always better to allow as much time as you can with something that big.
    February Signature: Brian Head, Utah Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards