September 2013 Weddings

Thursday

You guys, we're almost to the weekend!

FINALLY got all of my girls' dresses figured out. I'm buying the junior bridesmaid and the flower girl dresses sight-unseen, but it's a CHECK and I'm so happy to be done with it.
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thursday

• Yay weekend!

I'm going next Saturday with my MOH and one of my bridesmaids to look for dresses. 2 of the girls seem to care, 2 of them haven't said anything to me about the wedding since I asked them to be bridesmaids. I get it we all have busy lives and no my wedding isn't that important in anyone else's life, but please just find a dress. I don't care if you do anything else. I feel like I am just spinning my wheels and can't get anything checked off no matter what I do. Why can't I just do everything myself? Why does anyone else need to have an opinion or input?
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, it's been awhile since I've had time to get on TK! I need to change my siggy tonight! :) 

My BMs started ordering their dresses and I realized that the FG dress I love doesn't come in her size in the color that I wanted. So now I have to find time to get together with my sister and my niece and either pick that dress in ivory or pick a junior BM dress for her instead. Ughhh...

Waiting on my wedding planner to send me the budget she worked on... she was supposed to send it to me by the end of day yesterday, I am so over her. She misses every deadline or appt and we are just getting started.

NWR: I am so overwhelmed with work and life that I haven't had a chance to do much wedding planning.  I have been doing my job, training the person we are promoting to my position, trying to learn my new position that was supposed to start in a week and a half but now might not start until April, and interviewing to fill positions at my new office but haven't been able to hire people yet until more is finalized. Anyway, I decided to bring work home last night while FI is out of town.  I tried to work on my laptop while on the couch, but my dog kept jumping on me and trying to lick my zip drive while it was sticking out of my computer.  Then, I literally am organizing my files before I can start (took about 5 to 10 mins) and I look up and my dog has white fuzz hanging out of his mouth.... he tore up the couch! So, I spent my night sewing the couch instead of working.  Good thing it's an old couch, but I don't want to buy a new one until we buy a house so it has to last a year and a half. He also jumped on me with muddy prints right before I went to work this morning... can't wait til FI comes home so he can help me give my puppy some attention because I don't have a day off from work for another 9 days...
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lets please get this week overwith! lol

Still waiting to hear from a couple of caterers that we are interested in but neither of them have responded w/ a quote. :( I'm really hoping its a oversite and they are so super busy they can't get back to us instead of poor communication; especially if we decide to use either one. Oh well....One day at a time. This is my next big task and I want to budget appropriately so I can then budget for my dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so over this week, and it just keeps dragging on.

We were not snowed in, so at my desk I sit.  I'm picking a wine box right now :).  My allergies are so out of control right now that I can barely spell my own name, but I've already agreed to dinner with FIL's so the day isn't going to end any time soon.  FMIL wants to go out and talk wedding; in her words "Who's paying for what and how much you need from us and all that."

Well, we don't need any money as I've budgeted with only our funds, but if they're offering, we're more than willing to have the coffers padded a little lol!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • First off, Happy 6 months to all the 9/7 brides! I just got an email from DB that my invites were shipped yesterday and they'll be here tomorrow!!! We're doing the meal selection RSVPs which I've heard are a bit of a nightmare. I'm still thinking of a clever way to mark the selections on the place cards without making it look tacky.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Had a doctors appointment this morning that ran really late.  My skin has been HORRIBLE lately and I want it better before the wedding (and all the pre-wedding parties).  It's going to take at least two months to clear up.  Wonderful.

I spent last night putting together more furniture from IKEA.  Our apartment is going to be in great shape after we get more stuff in there this weekend and I'll be able to start living there.  I need to go food shopping though.  My doctor told me I have to change pretty much my entire diet (slowly, but I have to really increase my veggies and cut back on the carbs).

I have to add "Learn to cook" to my to-do list.  Lovely.
  • Looking over the contract from the caterer, I think we're going to sign and put down the deposit next week.  I need to set up a cake tasting now.  FI just told me we might be moving out of the city by June 1st so now I have to get most of the vendor stuff over and done with by then so we don't have to be travelling back and forth.  Two friends of mine got engaged in the last week so there's a lot of excited bride energy I'm riding right now.  Hopefully I can use it to get all my stuff done before it poofs.
  • Work is like a roller coaster with ups and downs due to political stuff that's going on behind the scenes.  But I like what I do and hope everything works out.  I'm down to having to do the small stuff for the wedding and paying for the second installment at our venue.  It's another huge chunk of money out the door but it is what it is.  And I have to admit, I don't care how many people complain about the wedding industry, I am having no regrets about spending what I want for this day since we will still have a roof over our heads, transportation, food, job, etc., when it is all over.  It's totally worth it and sharing and comparing notes with you ladies is part of the fun that I couldn't have if we had done something quicker.  9/21 will be here in a flash!  It's unbelievable how fast time is flying. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards