September 2013 Weddings

Yes or No

Trying to decide if I want to use an aisle runner or not. We are getting married in a church. What would you do.
~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
This is my inspiration
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The actual one I made
Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Yes or No

• I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this question. It's all up to what you want. We originally weren't going to have one because it was an unnecessary expense, but then we got one for free from a family friend! The aisle where we're getting married is just concrete so I'm excited to have a little bit of decoration, but I would have been fine without one.

~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Unless there's something you wanted to cover up (like a stain) I'd forgo the aisle runner.
  • I would skip it if you're on a budget.  Plus if you're like me, the fear of tripping over said aisle runner would ruin the moment for me. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We were warned that they tend to have a mind of their own.  Our church discourages them (it's a 125' aisle) and our priest suggested we not have one.  The tradition comes from the fact that churches used to have dirt aisles and they didn't want your clothes to get dirty or something similar.
  • I think it depends on the church (mine strongly recommends against it) and your preference. It's a pretty decoration, whose function was to prevent your dress from getting dirty. The reason my church doesn't recommend it is that the priest has seen too many people trip on it (brides and guests).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Rather than an aisle runner you could have something to line either side of the aisle. For example a floral arrangements, candles, flower petals etc. That would still make your aisle pretty and in the case of a church where there could be multi-aisles, distinguish it from the others. I think this is what we are going to do rather than a runner (that way I don't have to worry about tripping!). Check out pinterest they have loads of alternatives to aisle runners.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i vote yes. as a spectator, i get all excited when they roll out the runner. it means "its time!!!!" but seriously, if it doesn't fit in your budget, it's prob not a huge deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards