September 2013 Weddings
Options

Throwing a total wrench into my wedding plans! :(

So - I found out today that my company was bought out and as of Feb 1st we will all be out of jobs. I'm absolutely terrified. We have a wedding to pay for next year!!! What a day. I've been so upset all morning. Now I have to find a new job, go on interviews, and PRAY that there's a place that won't mind me taking off time for the wedding next year. And what about all our bills if I don't find one??? UGH - sorry - just needed to vent. All I can do is hope that this is happening for a reason and that things will get better! I hope you ladies don't have such crappy luck :(

Re: Throwing a total wrench into my wedding plans! :(

• Options
    Just realized I wrote this on my jpines account - s/b jessica2244. oops!
  • Options
    :( that really sucks!  Thankfully you have time!  I would definitly start looking asap and who knows maybe you will find a better job!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry you are going through this! I can only imagine that it means that better things are in store for you. I will think positive thoughts for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree and maybe start looking now!  Just be upfront on interviews and don't stress out...the beauty of starting planning ahead of time is having time incase things come up.  You will be fine!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_throwing-a-total-wrench-into-my-wedding-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:d88dde7b-03b7-4d5d-882e-2ab27a6e859bPost:1778c57f-efe8-43c1-9e64-73b22539e140">Re: Throwing a total wrench into my wedding plans! :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree and maybe start looking now!  <strong>Just be upfront </strong>on interviews and don't stress out...the beauty of starting planning ahead of time is having time incase things come up.  You will be fine!
    Posted by elliemonster2012[/QUOTE]

<div>This. Obviously you will be recapping why you are looking for a job. A lot of employers I have encountered will be considerate of any vacation that was already scheduled. Heck, a former coworker took off two weeks about a month after she was hired because she had already paid for a trip to Europe, and there was no way she wasn't going!</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys :) I really appreciate all of the positive thoughts!
  • Options
    Agreed start looking now.  Maybe set aside a lil extra if you can while you still have a job.  I started my job the year I got married (my first wedding) and just told them up front I would need from this date to this date off.  They were fine with it.  Breath!!!! and GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry this happened to you!!!  The situation does completely stink.  But hopefully you can get severance pay if they offer it, and if you look for a job right away maybe you can be better off than you were before.  The same thing happened to my best friend's husband and he ended up finding another job before he was officially laid off.  He still collected his severance pay and he got a week off between jobs. 

And if you don't... at least you can collect unemployment while looking for jobs and be able to devote more time to doing some DIY wedding touches.  There is always a silver lining if you look at it the right way.  Good luck!
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That sounds awful, but hopefully good things are around the corner for you!  Good luck finding a new job!
  • Options
    That sucks. So sorry and good luck with the job search!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    My thoughts are with you.
    2 things...
    1. I was in a simmilar situation when many years ago I was retrenched- just as we were beggining our family- so I was trying to get pregnant- meanwhile stressed about finding a job in the meantime to support our changing circumstances. 
    TRust and know that you have the resources inside you to meet your needs- to find and be offered a fantastic job- and also to plan and spend wisely on your wedding. 

I have just finished creating a special Wedding Checklist called the Wedding Checklist Formula -currently available from...

It’s  free to access for now- It contains a blueprint for the most important items on your wedding checklist and it saves you from stress, confusion and overwhelm in planning a successful wedding.
    It will help you focus on what's important to you and your fiance, so you know where to spend your money, your time and your energy when planning your wedding. 

If you get a chance to use it, I would dearly love your feedback on it.

http://www.weddingchecklistformula.com 

Warmest wishes for success with a job and planning your wedding, 

Nomiki

• Options
    My heart goes out to you.  I have been on the unemployment mill before for 7 months and it was no fun. Hopefully, you can smoothly transition without too much of a hiccup.  But don't worry too much about things you can't control.  In the meantime, definitely see how you can tighten your belts a bit more if possible while you still have a few months to go to hopefully create a more robust emergency fund for you two just in case you need it. 

Check your vendor contracts and see when your payments are due for the wedding.  The more time passes the more you will owe even if you need to postpone or minimize things so you'll want to check that out fast and weigh the pros and cons of cutting your losses.

Also, if you are 100% sure your job is gone with like a surefire pink slip then this may not apply.  But you may want to check into purchasing wedding insurance right now.  Me and FH have it and it covers job loss as well.  I insisted that we get it because my job is really new and contractual.  Plus we are spending a lot and in case weather or illness occurs we are also covered for that.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Oh no, I'm sorry. :( I hope you find something soon!
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards