September 2013 Weddings

Crazy Family

Anyone else have a family that will drive them absolutely crazy in the year leading up to the wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Crazy Family

• So with you on that one Cool
  • Definitely with you on this
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's like they all have imploded since we have gotten engaged!  I think I have said "I don't want to hear about it" 124528 times in the past couple of months.  (I have 5 siblings, whom I LOVE but want to beat with heavy tree branches).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm right with you. My family is trying to push us to get married sooner. I guess they don't understand that we are paying for everything so we need time.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • TK is going crazy.

Our families are fairly calm right now, though I can tell my mom has been brushing up on her wedding etiquette and will have to be reigned in a little as we get closer to 2013, but she's OK for right now.  FI's family is WEDDINGPARTYWEDDING all the time, but since his cousin's is this weekend and everyone is concentrating on that, I've gotten off lightly so far.

However, after they shake off the hangovers from this weekend, I fully expect the "why aren't you guys talking about what's giong on with the wedding??" to turn into "let's party, do it, open bar at the beach!" on Monday morning.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Most of my family has been super supportive.  Some have been so wonderful that it's made me that much closer to them (like my stepmom). 

Unfortunately there have been a few members that haven't been supportive AT ALL due to my fiance and I choosing to hold off on getting my engagement ring a couple months due to financial reasons.  It's been really disappointing to have people so close to me questions our relationship simply because the ring isn't on my finger yet.  My fiance went to my dad to ask for my hand, we agreed to get married, and have been making wedding plans for the past three months.  The ring is just a symbol to me.  And when they started acting that way, it made me start questioning things in myself which I'm mad that I allowed them to get under my skin.  (I'm since over that thank God).  When I get my ring in the next few weeks it will be interesting to see their attitudes change. 

And my grandma is less than thrilled about us our wedding date so far out.  She thinks we should just go the courthouse to get married with just close family so she can be there.  She's 80 and doesn't think she'll live long enough to see it.  (She's in perfectly okay health).  Our wedding is so far out because we have to save money!  I refuse to take out loans to pay for our wedding.  We're not going into debt for this.  I told her she's just going to have to suck it up and take care of herself and live long enough to be there because I can't plan my wedding around her hypothetical death date. 

Family.  God bless 'em. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • APDSS22APDSS22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2012
    I've mostly gotten the "isn't that a bit LONG for an engagement" and my 93 year old grandma dropping not-so-subtle hints about wanting to see great-grandbabies before she dies.  Well, and a little inlaw drama (strong personalities and all that). 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_crazy-family?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:e2ef1fce-7723-405a-a68a-ffeb62e62904Post:c4217cac-0f91-4d83-99a7-9a9853f19c77">Crazy Family</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else have a family that will drive them absolutely crazy in the year leading up to the wedding?
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

my family is already making me crazy !  my mom has her moments - and my sister has hers - but my gram and my aunt seem to not like not knowing every wedding detail and how much anyything costs - it's none of their business !   
    but they want whatever info they can get and i am not all about telling them every decision we make....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Weddings bring out THE WORST and I mean THE WORST out of people... I have 3 future SIL who I love to death, but are driving me up a tree!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards