September 2013 Weddings
Options

Registry hard time...need some help ladies!

I am not an active member, I feel like lately I'm all over the place and only come on here to check off things off my checklist.

A little bit of history:
We got engaged Christmas Day, we have been together 6 years, and have a 4 year old daugher.  We own the condo we lived in for 5.5 years and we just  bought our new home in June 2012.  

With that said, we have almost everything we need for our home.  There are only a few (very few things) we need.  I started a registry and feel like its very small.  I'm not sure what to do, I don't want to add things I'm definitely not going to use and I feel leaving the registry with the 10-15 things it has is crazy.

What are your suggestions/opinions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registry hard time...need some help ladies!

• Options
    Ideas other couples have done: 

upgrades to current items (we already have a 1 cup food processor, we'd like a 3 cup food processor)

monetary contributions towards honeymoon

contributions to charity

family activities, movie night, cooking class, community theater, amusement park, (generate ideas for the people, and assign monetary values). 

Hope this helps!

• Options
    I'm kind of in the same circumstances.  I purchased my home in 2007 and my FI moved in with me 2 years ago.  That said, I want to register for items that we've wanted but have put off purchasing and upgrades to what we do have.  I am a fan of crisp white towels.  But after five years, they're looking quite dingy.  So I want new towels.  And bath mats.  And sheet sets.  

But really, if you want monetary gifts the best advice is to keep the registry small.  People will get it.  :-)
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think a small registry is fine, some people really like to give an actual gift. The small registry will prompt people to give a monetary gift.  Like the other ladies said, upgrade things you already have.  New towels and sheets are aweosme, especially the higer end ones.

Is there anything you have always wanted, but would never buy yourself?  Even if you put anexpensive vaccuum or tv on the registry, you can get a discount on it after (from most stores).

Do you and the FI have any hobbies? (camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, boating) You can register for anything you might need for that.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good ideas ladies!
    We are doing more camping lately with our daughter so that would be something to add.  Also a few upgrades.  I guess if I keep it small people will get it.  I wonder if I out a new washer and dryer it won't be too much, we definitely need that! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We weren't going to register since we are moving back into my mothers home and fixing it up there is all the stuff in it already. We really just wanted products to help us fix the house wood and such hehe but a friend of my moms said i would be crazy not to and that this is the only time you really get presents from people! So we are. I am just putting stuff I really really want but would never buy myself like a $90 coffee maker!

***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    You said you just moved into your new home in June? A friend of mine asked for gift cards to Lowes/Home depot so they could get bigger home projects done. How about furniture? Places like Raymour and Flanigan have registry type things where people can add money to your purchase.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards