September 2013 Weddings
Options

MMM

Today is absolutely cray -- I just want to be in bed! 

What do all of your weeks look like?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MMM

• Options

Had tons of fun this weekend with my bestie and my FI.
      Blah for this week!  Today and tomorrow are my really long days (7am - 9pm) but the rest of the week isn't too bad 7-3.  I'm hoping to get laundry done and the back bedroom finished before the weekend. 

WR:  We need to book our engagement session and continue to look at invites!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had the best weekend!  My SIL, brother and dad threw me a huge surprise party for my birthday/engagement, got tons of cash for wedding stuff, got a really pretty engraged cake cutting set, a manicure/pedicure gift certificate, some really cute fall decor for the house and then my soon to be inlaws are getting my wedding shoes!  I've been obsessed with them FOREVER but didn't wanna splurge on them.

love.

Badgley Mischka Randall or Lelah? :  wedding DSC06426

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mmm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:ef946a17-ffb1-4ba6-987f-3acfde3ee1f7Post:a3267473-7935-4ad7-b960-1555323e1090">MMM</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today is absolutely cray -- I just want to be in bed!  What do all of your weeks look like?
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

I feel ya - My work day will be insane today but I'm just in a really really good mood :)

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm annoyed with the way TK looks this morning, all wonky :/

Which leads me to being annoyed with the world in general - woke up this way and I don't see it clearing.  There's a new VP in town, who we all know has been hired to clear shop but I could care less.  He seems to think I should sit in on sales meetings now, but that has nothing to do with my job...good luck with that, dude.  Lesser men have tried!

WR: I'm diligently working on Save the Date ideas, and invitations while I'm at it.  Pretty sure I found what I want!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_mmm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:ef946a17-ffb1-4ba6-987f-3acfde3ee1f7Post:a3267473-7935-4ad7-b960-1555323e1090">MMM</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today is absolutely cray -- I just want to be in bed!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Yes, this.  I thought about grabbing my laptop to call out but changed my mind.  My 1st mistake of the day...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Options
    Like always my week is already packed.  I have a dr appt tonight after work, then meeting a friend for dinner with her LO.  Tomorrow I have to take stuff a girl doing a 31 party for me and it is my mom's bday.   Thurs we have a late work meeting and I HATE the fact they do this bs.  This weekend we are taking lil guy to the pumpkin farm/hayride.  Super excited about that and Sunday I have a party.  

WR:  I am going to try a dress on I found on craigslist.  Never been worn!  She paid over $500 selling it for $100 plus she lives like RIGHT down the street from me.  Fingers crossed it works out!!  We are also getting our T Shirts made for our save the date.  :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh...totally getting kicked in the butt by allergies! So this work week and working out will probably extremely ardoues!

Also hoping I get a venue pinned down this week. It will make a lot more things fall into place. I was super excited yesterday because Michaels and a bunch of wedding stuff that was "broken" and on the clearance shelf. :D

Saturday is the 11 month mark so I HAVE to reevaulate the health plan!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ellie:  Those shoes are amazing!  Congrats on the party and Happy Birthday!!!

Tay: Sales meetings SUCK especially when they have nothing to do with you!  I'm with you.

Mandi:  I hope the dress is great!  Pics!!!

Cara:  Yay on your bargain finds!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh... I think I'm actually sick and its not allergies Frown.  But on the bright side I recieved my save the dates from Vista print!  I got them for free with a coupon for 100 free postcards on vista print.  They turned out awesome!!!! I will post a picture later!
  • Options
    Ellie- amazing shoes!!! I am looking at something similiar but in a wine color Smile

mpickl- ughhh I know how you feel.....I just wish I could crawl back into bed and sleep away some of this day

My weekend was overall pretty nice. We had beautiful weather so df and I went for a drive and looked at different reception venues! The venue I origanally thought be perfect doesn't have enough of a yard for our outdoor supper but we ended up findind something even better! And the price! Nothing can beat the price of this place!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My weekend was nice... I drank a ton of pumpkin beer and started to decorate for fall ! We also went to try on some wedding bands. I think we found a ring for both of us, but I couldnt bring myself to buy the first ones we saw. I will keep looking a little longer!

@Ellie- those shoes are gorgeous!!!!
    @Tay- my project this week is to find some STD that I like too
    @Mandi- good luck with the dress tonight, it may be fate seeing as how she lives so close! Keep us updated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
  • Options
    I had training last week (and was away from my computer... not cool at all!) so I'm playing catch up this week.  Fun.

WR: I have to call the florist my grandmother knows and talk to her about doing our wedding.  And see if she's in our budget.  I also decided against floral centerpieces so I'm trying to come up with some interesting ideas.  And I have to pick out an outfit for our engagement photos.  So much to do so little time!
  • Options
    I have to pick up my veil and headpiece at some point this week I also need to try to get my car inspected, do my car taxes and registration and hope nothing is wrong with my car because the money fairy missed me lately Hoping to get my site from the hotel so that I can send out my save the dates so everyone stops asking me when and where the wedding is and all the hotel info too... But first I need to see how much postage I need for them... I think only one stamp will work but once I add the hotel info insert I need to make sure... USPS can be too weird and I do not want to have to resend them all later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I totally wish I could crawl back into bed.  I was at work only a half-hour when my computer crashed.  They had to give me a new one, but I lost all of my bookmarks.... including all the ones I had saved for wedding related stuff.  Thank God for Pinterest so that not all is lost. 

I had a nice weekend too.  Yesterday, we met with the potential officiant for the wedding and we loved her and picked her on the spot.  Plus I got to check off another to-do!  :-) 

My FI just texted me a little bit ago that he's bringing me home two huge binders full of wedding invitations to choose from.  A vendor from his work brought them in for him and is giving them to us at cost.  Holy crap!  I'm so excited I could scream! 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    What a day I've had today...ugh I just wanna crawl in bed. Back to back meetings since 10!!! Please make it stop. Well I started my diet today which I've been doing pretty good on I walked past the donut in my office and didn't look back I actually have a pic of my dream gown that on my wall for motivation LOL 
  • Options
    Work all week.

WR: Working on finding all of the address for the guest list.  Starting to print/assemble our save the dates and last minute teeth whitening and work outs for engagement pictures next weekend!!!
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Went to a wedding show yesterday.  MAN it was LOUD! FI and I like one of the venues we talked with there though and they're having an open house on Thursday so maybe we get that checked off this week!  I've been feeling pretty crappy because we have been crazy busy all weekend (finished redecorating our friends' kitchen, football watch party plus aforementioned wedding show) and I was working so I didn't get enough sleep.  Then I pulled a double shift today because one of the girls who was supposed to come in called in sick.  (But I like money, so it's not too bad...)
  • Options
    Today at work was suck-tastic. Every annoying thing that could happen, did. Also it's pouring rain and lookin' like tornadoes are coming.
    On the bright side, wonderful FI got the venue situation handled and booked because I was going to seriously die if I had to call and hear "no" on another date.
    My ering is resized and waiting for me at FI's place!
    Oh Monday!
  • Options
    Been awake for 19 hours and have to be up in 4 1/2 hrs! Yay. Super tired!

Weekend was ah-mazing! Had a wonderful turn out for FI's 30th Birthday party. Think it made him feel special and he deserved that! Got to see the thousands of chinese lanterns being lit in downtown that  night, just wish FI could've seen them with me. Here's a link to pics, it was awesome! Had a wonderful time with my MOH this weekend too. Missed her so much! She is now 7 months preggo and finds out what she is having next week! Can't wait! Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

This week...
    Well today we went and special ordered our unity candle from dutch village. Excited we can pick it up in 2 weeks! Got home and found out FI's Aunt had a heart attack. His dad had one in July and his Uncle had one 2 weeks ago! Scary. Prayers are needed.
    Working on Save the dates and invitations this week and hopefully booking the caterer we tried last week.
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WR: Got all of our samples in for our invitations this week so I'll be working on assembling a mockup of how I want it. I was surprised by how much FI actually liked them so I'm glad it seems we have the same taste for the wedding. We're looking at 1 last venue Thursday during his lunch and if he doesn't like it, we're going to put our deposit down for our 1 pick so far. Then we will officially have our date set and I can order our STDs! I'd also really like to work more on our wedding website this week. NWR: Work has been ridiculous everyday and I'm hoping it dies down. I work in a movie theatre and an employee accidentally pulled our fire alarm on Saturday night when about 1500 people were in the building. It's been nonstop calls of people complaining about it. I actually have off tonight though so my cousins coming over and were going to get takeout and redbox a movie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards