September 2013 Weddings
Options

Thursday

We're in the final stretch, ladies.

Last night (well, really all day yesterday) I finalized all of my items for the save the dates -- ordered envelopes, stamps, and a rubber stamp -- as well as polished up the guest list. You could probably guess this from my posts on the FB wall! I am slammed at work today so hopefully I can tear myself away from wedding stuff for a little while.

What's everyone else up to?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thursday

• Options
    I need to order my save the dates! I found one on vistaprint that I really like but it doesn't come in any of my wedding colors.  There is a very pretty periwinkle color that I love but would it be weird to send it out not in my colors?  #engagedgirlproblems

This afternoon I'm going with my mom dress shopping for her.  She basically has the body of a barbie doll and so fun to dress up but she hates the fuss so i'll try to go easy on her. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'M PICKING UP MY DRESS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!  Whoo, thanks for letting me get that out :)

I think I finally found a set of wedding jewelry I like, but I looked at it last night after midnight when I was delirious and need to reexamine in the harsh light of day lol.  I'm also going to order our return address stamp today.  Our burlap, invitations, cardstock samples, and silk boutonniers are being delivered tomorrow, and my girls are pumped to finally be able to start DIY stuff with me (true love!)!!

FI gave me carte blanche to do what I want with his wedding ring, which is scary and exciting at the same time.  We're getting him sized this weekend and it's ON!  We also got our first RSVPs and I literally have not stopped smiling for 18 hours.  Life is GRAND!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've been sick all week but when I woke up this morning I felt slightly better.  I hope this means I'm at the winding down stage of this nasty cold...

FI and I are looking into honeymoon stuff this weekend.  We're going to San Diego, but we have to decide where we want to stay once we're there and what we want to do.  The zoo is a definite, but we have a few more details to work out.
  • Options
    It was 60 degrees yesterday. Today it feels like Antarctica! Still home from work prepping for FILs visit this weekend. I wish I didn't have totake vacation time to clean my house. But with working 2 jobs and the wedding planning it hasn't been priority. Ugh. After the discussion of a wedding day coordinator on Facebook I may have to look into researching that now too. I will be trying to get ready and don't want to deal with the stress of arrangements and timelines. Ugh. More money. But it sounds worth it.
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I finally finished up my save the dates last night! All of the addressing, stuffing, and closing was exhausting. All I have left is go get the right stamps and mail those babies out! My goal for the next week is to block hotel rooms, then relax and see what traffic my wedding website gets after the STD's go out. I am also freaking out trying to find a veil. I ordered my wedding dress is champagne, so finding the right color veil has been a nightmare.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:f3a967d6-9d58-4f66-9fdb-adbc19a00308Post:151ca161-571e-4129-b350-592edb08a2a4">Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're in the final stretch, ladies. Last night (well, really all day yesterday) I finalized all of my items for the save the dates -- ordered envelopes, stamps, and a rubber stamp -- as well as polished up the guest list. You could probably guess this from my posts on the FB wall! I am slammed at work today so hopefully I can tear myself away from wedding stuff for a little while. What's everyone else up to?
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Whats the facebook page link ? I just wanna make sure I have the right one.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are working on the rehearsal dinner right now. My FIL's have offered to host at our favorite restaurant because they have eaten there and loved it. We are swinging by today to get some pics of the room we will be in and then they are going to finalize booking.

I'm turning my attention to finding a coordinator now. I have all of the big stuff done, but am really nervous about execution of all of the little details on the big day. Surprisingly, my future father-in-law has been the big champion of having a coordinator and now my fiance has come around.
  • Options
    I'm having an extremely packed week at work. So much stuff to do! But, hopefully booking the honeymoon this week, that's a huge priority seeing that a lot of you already have it booked! lol I need to jump on that
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If you friend "September Brides" on Facebook, once you are accepted you will automatically be added to our secret Facebook group.
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I picked up my shoes this morning!! they're so friggin awesome i can't even take it! I just want to sit and stare at them all day lol!

• Options
    Work has been so crazy this week. In between patients I have been trying to emails to vendors and trying to get orders done online. We just started working on the rehearsal dinner last night and it looks like we have to feed 26 people. Ready to order my std's but I'm waiting to photographer to email me the picture. I just wanna scream because I still need to clean my house and pack because we are going out of town tomorrow. Just have too much to do and no time to do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've had my FSIL, her son and husband staying with us for the past week, just dropped them off at the airport.  It was a fun week, but it's always nice to get your house back :)

I saw this thing on Pinterest, how to color mason jars.  I'm going to try it in my wedding colors.  We will see how it goes!
  • Options
    Ive been so busy with work and frustrated with vendors that I havent made any wedding planning progress over the last week. But... i have a NWR thing to share!!! I cant really talk about this with anyone since Im not supposed to know this but not only am I "next in line" for this huge promotion that I hope comes available... but I found out Ive been nominated for Asst Manager of the Year. Its quite a large company and would be amazing to win especially since this is my first year in the position! Ahhh! Im bummed that I wont find out if I won and cant mention that i know im nominated until APRIL. If i get it though, i will be ecstatic to update my resume! I love when hard work pays off... especially since some of my old coworkers have given me a hard time for not being as far along in my career as they are since i quit to go back to school quite a few years ago and it usedto bum me out. Good things come to those who wait. Now only if I could use that same mentality when it comes to wedfing planning! Sorry for any typos or lack of formatting... im on my phone
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:f3a967d6-9d58-4f66-9fdb-adbc19a00308Post:d8131de7-54c6-416b-91a4-c1bcbadd73fa">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to order my save the dates! I found one on vistaprint that I really like but it doesn't come in any of my wedding colors.  There is a very pretty periwinkle color that I love but would it be weird to send it out not in my colors?  #engagedgirlproblems This afternoon I'm going with my mom dress shopping for her.  She basically has the body of a barbie doll and so fun to dress up but she hates the fuss so i'll try to go easy on her. 
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

Mine were red!  They went out at Christmas but I don't have red anywhere in my wedding!  Go for it!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kloop -- that is GREAT news!! Congrats; sounds like just the nomination is quite an honor!!

Along the same lines, I applied for a job last week and apparently the manager is already talking to people about me, because so many people have such great things to say... Well, that is good news! So hopefully I will hear about an interview shortly.

My friend told me that the three most stressful things in life are getting a new job, buying a house, and... wedding planning! Hopefully working on all three this year!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I said YES to the dress tonight!!! Whooooo!!!  I love it!!!I feel behind cause some of you already have yours!  But at least it will be in around June, so then I have 2-3 months for fittings :)
  • Options
    I went to check out some bakeries today, and found a creative, friendly, easy-going guy in a local town.  He's super excited about a nauticaul cake, suggested giant anchor chocolates to go on it, and loves the ribbon I have for it.  Makes me feel so excited.  Now I just need to settle on a florist.  Did anyone schedule a floral consult and have to wait almost a month to get in?  I know it's a popular business, but a month seems extreme to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards