September 2013 Weddings

since my red dress is out ...

so i always wanted to wear a red dress for my wedding - really to be different and a little strange to people - and well i am definately not a vigin - ( 13 yr old son and all that )  well my red dress has pretty much been ruled out my my dad - since he will be paying for it and said no way - now i have to come up with cool not traditional shoes or something -- my dad said i could always get a red reception dress - but i don't really want that - i wanted it to in a way be the shock factor of the red dress for the ceremony -
anyways - does anyone have any links to cool chuck taylor sites?  that are not etsy?
Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: since my red dress is out ...

• You should check out the site offbeatbride.com for some edgy non-traditional ideas for your wedding. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • They just showed a "Say Yes to the Dress" episode last week that focused on brides that wanted red dresses. Have you considered doing a red sash or bolero jacket?

Or maybe a colored crinoline?

Just a couple ideas!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_since-my-red-dress-is-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:f7dd0eb0-2277-4434-9deb-367936c0205dPost:58131625-3739-4f9a-86fe-b1a9dc8e7ac0">Re: since my red dress is out ...</a>:
    [QUOTE]They just showed a "Say Yes to the Dress" episode last week that focused on brides that wanted red dresses. Have you considered doing a red sash or bolero jacket? Or maybe a colored crinoline? Just a couple ideas!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I watched that episode too!!!! (:</div>
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_since-my-red-dress-is-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:f7dd0eb0-2277-4434-9deb-367936c0205dPost:58131625-3739-4f9a-86fe-b1a9dc8e7ac0">Re: since my red dress is out ...</a>:
    [QUOTE]They just showed a "Say Yes to the Dress" episode last week that focused on brides that wanted red dresses. Have you considered doing a red sash or bolero jacket? Or maybe a colored crinoline? Just a couple ideas!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

I saw that!  Well, part of it anyway.

My vice is pink.  I'm going for mostly traditional stuff, but my shoes are bright pink with rhinestones on the heels.  FI saw them on Monday and grabbed his sunglasses (he was joking - I think).

Good luck, OP!  I'll keep my eyes open for you.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're planning on wearing converse for our wedding too!  I've worn them for every dance I've been to with FI so he thought it would be appropriate.  You can DYO converse straight from their website.

http://www.converse.com/#/landing/create

I also love the idea of a colored crinoline.
  • If you really want a red dress get a red dress.  This is YOUR day not your fathers.  They do have a lot of dresses with red in them.  But you do what YOU want to do! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_since-my-red-dress-is-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:f7dd0eb0-2277-4434-9deb-367936c0205dPost:e89758d6-4720-4438-839b-b0a3a15ecd10">Re: since my red dress is out ...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you really want a red dress get a red dress.  This is YOUR day not your fathers.  They do have a lot of dresses with red in them.  But you do what YOU want to do! 
    Posted by MandiNewMommy[/QUOTE]

Since he's paying for it (and, in that case, gets a say), that argument probably isn't going to work.  My mom is very go with the flow in my case, but she would yank funding if I pulled the "my day" stuff.  My family can be very stubborn lol.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • honestly  my dad is probably going to pick my dress --- yes he will be paying for it - and he has picked every prom dress or special event dress i have ever worn.. I want the red dress - but he already said nope --- i think he was secretly hopin i didn't really want red when it came down to it - we will see what happens in sept when we go dress shopping....
    If i don't get a red dress i may do the red crinoline - but i definately need funky shoes i know that much ...

I am in sooo much trouble when it comes to dresses though too because it seems like i like from one extreme to the other ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards