September 2013 Weddings
Options

Bmaid Dress Shopping

Hi Ladies,

So I'm going bridemaid dress shopping with 2 out of my 6 BM's tomorrow. I have gone once before and couldn't find a thing I liked, so I'm really hoping this does the trick. Just for comparison, whats your deadline for ordering the dresses so I don't get pushed by a sales person to do it right away when we actually have plenty of time?

Thanks!

Re: Bmaid Dress Shopping

• Options
    I was told 4-6 months, including alterations. I think it really depends on the designer.

Good luck shopping! I thought we had our dresses all picked out, but then the final bridesmaid went to try on and she hated the dress. Sigh. I'm not ready to call Bride Override yet, but it was a little frustrating to think something was checked off and then have to start at the beginning again.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I purposely am only bringing the 2 pickiest people. The rest will just order and have no opinion, so I'm hoping if I get these two to like the dress (along with myself) then I'm golden. That sounds a like real pain! Hopefully, she either realizes that its not about her personal opinion or find something similiar that is more her taste that everyone will be onboard with.
  • Options
    Let us know how it goes...I am going shopping with all 6 of my bmaids next weekend and I am reallllyyy hoping it is a one shot deal haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Bmaid Dress Shopping:
    [QUOTE]I was told 4-6 months, including alterations. I think it really depends on the designer. Good luck shopping! I thought we had our dresses all picked out, but then the final bridesmaid went to try on and she hated the dress. Sigh. I'm not ready to call Bride Override yet, but it was a little frustrating to think something was checked off and then have to start at the beginning again.
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

I was also told this. He said anything under 4 months would be pushing it in case there are any issues.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Be sure to let us know how it went!  My girls (only 2, thank goodness!) and I are going out next weekend.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I checked this off of my list thankfully.  I have 5 bridesmaids and 3 have already ordered their dresses.  The other two plan to do so between Feb. and Mar.  I've picked out the flower girl and junior bridesmaids dresses as well (yes I know I have a large WP).  But since they are quite young and still growing I won't expect them to order their dresses until like May at the earliest.  The bridal salon urged me to have my BMs order theirs pretty soon due to the designer's turnaround time and popularity.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I told my girls that they need to place their orders by March 15th
  • Options
    I've heard 4-6 as well.  Good luck to everyone finding dresses!
  • Options
    I was told 14 weeks + 1 month for alterations, but I really want ours ordered by the end of February in case anything happens. I think you still have plenty of time :) Finding my BM dress was ridiculously easy! I had seen it online, and it was an A-line, knee length, and had a halter top - it came in Jr. BM sizes like I wanted, and I had them all try it on (with the exception of 1 who is going Monday) and as long as my final bridesmaid like the dress and feels comfortable we will order. I think its important that the are as comfortable in their own skin as they can be - Just remember, you may have to put your foot down and pick a dress if they cannot and that's ok - just be nice about it and say "I really love this dress, it looks best on everyone, please be sure to order by *this* date." and if you get any complaints you say "I'm sorry, this really is the best dress for everyone's body types" or something. But the key is, you really have a bit of time :) Good luck!!! 
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I was told 4 to 6 months also. My wedding is sept 14 so I figured as long as we ordered by feb we would be good. Well we went earlier dec 28 and the dresses came in about a week ago. I was a little annoyed because I put so much stress on not only me but my girls also especially around the holidays. I guess it will depend on style and where you go
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards