September 2013 Weddings

Giving away too many details

Ugh, I don't know why but I blabbed away about the venue I wanted to my aunts and cousin and we haven't even booked the place, yet. What is wrong with me?! Now I feel like I jinxed my wedding. I need hugs.

Re: Giving away too many details

• mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Awwww, don't feel bad! You're just excited. I, too, am really bad about oversharing -- I had a wedding website made literally the day after we got engaged, and I post way too much stuff on there. I feel like no one is going to be surprised when they get to my wedding!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No worries!  I did that too.  I told a few family members and it got back to me that everyone googled the place and were all looking at photos together.  I'm refusing to share any more details which is pissing some people off (I won't tell them which dress I bought) but I've learned my lesson that once one person knows, they all know!

I also created a wedding website with a TON of details but I didn't share it with anyone.  Two weeks ago I went through and deleted everything and started over from scratch with a much more restrained version of things.  My new rule is to be excited with my FI for a bit and a bridesmaid or two and then bottle it up.

Don't worry, there's enough time that most people will forget and you'll have all sorts of details they won't know about :-)
  • DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I've shared a lot with a few of my bridesmaids (who I haven't officially asked yet, oops), but other than that I'm trying to stay tight lipped! I actually am in a good friend's wedding this September, so part of it is because I don't want to steal her thunder. I'm perfectly willing to restrain myself until October. And the other reason is that I want most people to be surprised. I know I'm excited, but nobody really cares until they get there. And why not save some of the finer details for them to discover on their own!
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ugh agreed!!! Everyone asks about all the details and gets pissy or extra nosy when i don't fess up!!  no more sharing or liking anything on facebook!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been really detail-blabbing with my bridesmaids and my FI but I've been trying to keep most of the details underwraps from everyone else.  My FI still doesn't know what my dress looks like though so I'm feeling pretty good about that.
  • You guys are so awesome. I feel so much better about having over shared. I'm hoping You guys are right about them forgetting the details between now and the day of. They don't have to know if I do end up booking this place. Ahhh, you guys, we are all getting married next year!!
  • I talk to my BM/FSIL a lot, mostly because she asks.  Our cousin is getting married in a week and while the entire family has been asking what's happening with our wedding, I'm content to let Cuzzo have the shine until her mid-August wedding date :).

I did the same thing with starting a website and putting too much, but I also hadn't shared and am planning to revamp it a little before rolling it out.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just got engaged and I am sharing with everybody....only out of share excitment. I have to stop pinning wedding stuff.
  • It is so hard not to, isn't it?? I want to tell EVERYONE about all my ideas and the venue. In a way, I guess it's a good thing especially for the budget planners like me since having family and friends involved with the planning process would be great. On the other hand, I keep wanting them to arrive with eyes wide and full of wonder. I want them to come up and be like, "Wow, this is amazing! I had no idea you had all this planned!" I also worry about them complaining about my plans or having expectations without even having seen the place in person. My mom was blabbing to her siblings and their spouses about how our venue includes overnight lodging and invited ALL OF THEM (she has five siblings and they al have spouses, kids and grandkids) to stay the night!!! I hadn't even decided on the place, for one thing, and lodging is only for 10 ppl. This would just be our parents and the wedding party! So now my aunts are like omg I'm so excited about our trip next year, ffffffffuuuuuu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards