Favors

Opinions please

I am really stuck on favors, has anyone been to a wedding that they hated the favors? Anything really impressive? I wanted to have personalized shot glasses because my whole family knows I collect them, but someone told me that no one wants a shot glass with someone else's name

Re: Opinions please

• ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I honestly can't remember any favors from when I was a child and I have only gone to  three weddings as an adult: One had hershey kisses in bags that the food obsessed kid robbed off every table (I helped cooridnate this flash wedding in three weeks lol), one had M&Ms and gummie bears in boxes, and the other had nothing that I can recall. All the other weddings I was a teenager or can't remember what they did.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • dianeb22dianeb22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of going with shot glasses myself; I am having a masquerade reception so I am having an imprint of a small black mask put on them and one of my colors is red so I will have the bottom colored red it will remind them of the event in which they received the glass without the personalization. I feel they will be more inclined to pull it out of the cupboard and use it this way.

I do have a shot glass with the personalization on it; I use it anyway they are friends of mine and I think it is neat.  
  • melissak1qmelissak1q member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think something edible is a wonderful favor. It serves its pupose yet isn't something that we are expected to keep forever. Something as simple as candy or a special cookie would be fine, in my opinion.

The last weddin I attended gave personalized can coozies, a small photo collage and a candy bar. The photo collage ended up in the trash at some point and the coozie, it was never used. They didn't even serve canned drinks at the reception!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree! I wouldn't want/use a shot glass with someone elses name on it. Plus I also do not drink. Unless everyone drinks there/does shots on a regular basis then I'd say skip the shot glasses. Do something edible or just skip it all together.
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LoL my one bridesmaid wants a shot glass as her and I both collect so I might make up a small batch for close friends and family (perhaps rehearsal dinner lol)
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Impressive- cup cakes, handmade chocolates from Belgium and a handbag hook (this is something I actually use)

Not impressive- bottle opener (broke the first time we used it), coasters with personalization and a gum tree (we were renting at the time so had no where to plant it!)
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm....hated: a picture frame to put a picture of your dog in that says a donation was made to the SPCA in my name. I don't have a dog, so trash. Champagne flutes with the couples name, date and some doves. They are ugly and half the writing wore off before we got them home, trash.

I don't think I ever got a favor I really liked. I got a few cds that I liked because I happened to have the same taste in music as the couple. But I have also gotten some bad cds as well.

I think I would like an edible favor but have never been to a wedding where that was the favor.

We are doing a photobooth. Even if the guests decide they don't want to keep the picture of themselves they still had fun doing it and FI get copies of everyone's pics so we can see what we missed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    Either don't do a favor or go with something edible. Win win all around!
  •  ChrissyR11 ChrissyR11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Doing little bottles of champagne for each guest. Its not really expensive as one may think plus who doesn't love champagne.  I found a place that will sell them for less than $2 each

• edited December 2011
    I prefer edible favors (of course my venue won't allow them) because I feel it is something the guest can partake of right away and not end up in a box, drawer or cupboard.  Loved my cousin's favors last year, she went with her mom, step-mom, FMI, etc.. and they made their own wine at a local winery and then gave away small bottles of it as favors with personalized labels.  Another cousin did unique candies a few years ago and I have heard that candy bars are a huge hit. 

Shot glasses  could be fun but I would NOT do your initials or names, I would come up with some motif to personalize it.  We actually just went through my grandpa's basement recently and came across a box with his shot class and tumbler collection. He had about 8 shot classes from one wedding in which he grabbed the glasses other guests didn't bother to take and because he knew the couple through the parents' of the bride, he can't even tell you who exactly it was that he got them from because the glasses had the bride's new married name.  

Maybe go to a souvenir or gift shops for local attractions and get shot glasses related to the area, or places you and your future husband enjoy.  

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards