Favors
Options

Tree seedlings as favors?

I was checking out the Arbor Day website and see you can buy tree seedlings for favors.  I love this idea, but should I do 1 per person or 1 per couple?  Anyone else thinking of doing this?

Re: Tree seedlings as favors?

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I admire your attempt to do a unique favor, I'm a bit concerned about the practicality of this. Those who live in condos/apartments likely won't have a yard in which to plant the tree, and will have to leave it at your reception. Also, anyone from OOT, etc. will probably not have a reliable way to transport a potted plant to and from your wedding weekend.

If you do decide to go ahead with this idea, I would prepare for people to leave them behind and have an alternative location to donate them, since I'm sure you probably don't want a plethora of leftover trees.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    mjgnjrsmjgnjrs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's something to think about. I think it will work out in our case though. These seedlings come in small bags and the tree seedlings are only a few inchs high.  We are doing a 50 person backyard wedding, and no OOT guests.  If they don't take them we llive in a woods so it will work out.

However, maybe we will do an alternate favor as well just in case they won't want my trees haha! :) Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like this idea. I had someone who gave out sunflower seeds at their wedding. and I live in an apartment so I gave them to my mom and she planted them.  There is not any favor that is going to appeal to every guest. So, I'd say maybe do one per person depending on the cost. :)
  • Options
    S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like this idea too and would do 1 per couple...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding where these were handed out as the favor and I was living in an apartment at the time. We just went to a local park and planted it there. I loved the idea as did everyone else there. 1 per couple is enough. Good Luck.
    Buying A Home Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH did this for her wedding.   The guests were all travelling by car so it was not a problem transporting home.  The bridal party took the extra favors and planted them at our houses.  Last week their son was climbing the 'seedling'  from their wedding.   It is now 12 feet tall.  (The wedding was 17 years ago.).  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards