Favors
Options

Ideas for rustic wedding favors

We're having a rustic style reception in my dad's backyard. It's in the woods with a stone wall surrounding the house. Any ideas on favors? So far everyone's suggested canned goods (jams or veggies), but I don't have a vegetable garden and I can't imagine how much fruit would cost! I guess strawberries are cheap now ($1.50 a box), but in reality, how many boxes would I need, plus all the canning supplies...any ideas on other cheap favors? I also have supplies to make candles and was thinking of going that route...

Re: Ideas for rustic wedding favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw on etsy cute hearts (they had other shapes too) made of birdseed and they had rustic-ky twine rope as a hanger.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    beckys67beckys67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw a picture where they had homemade candles in jars. The lids were cloth covered and tied with either rattan or ribbon. I have also seen them in votive jars with cinnamon sticks tied to them. 2 of my family members have done the canning process. One did applebutter and another did applebutter and lemon butter. If you are having to buy the fruit it can be very expensive and is very time consuming.  I say go with what you know.

• Options
    KarenLMKarenLM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The birdseed favors are cute, and in keeping with your theme.  You can see an example here:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/39595746/200-bird-seed-heart-wedding-favors-wfree?ref=sr_list_37&ga_search_query=nature+favors&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
    You could even make these yourself to save money :-)
  • Options
    spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could get small mason jars, fill them with honey (just buy a big jug), put ribbon or fabric over the lid, and a sticker that says 'Meant to Bee' The saying might be kind of cheesy but you get the idea. You could also just go with your names and wedding date if the saying is too corny for you!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about buying small terracotta pots and filling them with a bulb, like a crocus or tulip, or some kind of seed, maybe herbs. Then, personalizing with ribbons and a little tag. I'm going with simple (budget-friendly) center pieces so I'm going to use them as place markers too to add to the centerpieces. Just an idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards