Favors
Options

Candy Buffet Question...

I'm having a candy buffet at our reception.  My mom thinks that having candies only in our colors would look nice (sage green, burnt orange, black, and ivory).  But I love the idea of everyone in the wedding party picking their favorite one to put in there (which would be VERY colorful).  What do you think??

1/2012 Dx PCOS - 3/2012 Dx Hyperthyroidism Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Candy Buffet Question...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Would they be picking their favorite color candy?
  • Options
    danz9danz9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am doing the same thing, kinda a meet the maids and men / candy table. i like the colorful decoration it will add, we dont have a specific color we are going with tho so its up to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a candy buffet at our wedding,at first i was going to do only candy in my colors but there wasnt much of a selection so i opted to do a bunch of different candies that way the guest would have a variety of candy to chose from.It is totally personal preference though if you would rather have the colors match then i am sure there are plenty of sites that you can use to color search.
  • Options
    msbdumasmsbdumas member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im doing a candy buffet for my wedding and im doing a variety..some retro candy as well for my 80s babies..like candynecklaces,candy cigarettes, chic o sticks and so on. im buying my candy in bulk from candwarehouse.com...good luck !!
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    dcbowmandcbowman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing a candy buffet - but I just love msbdumas idea of the retro candy table! If I was a guest I'd be way more excited for that then m&ms / mints / jordan almonds that simply match. No one is going to care that your candy doesn't match the flowers/bm dresses etc. the different variety is more fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if this impacts your decision at all, but just doing the mixed regular colors can be significantly less expensive than choosing specific colors.

That being said, I wish it wasn't the case, because I am on a buget and I just love the thought of a beautiful buffet in my wedding colors!!  =(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards