Favors

Poll: What are your favors?

What did you use for your favors or what are you planning to have?

Re: Poll: What are your favors?

• lunadunalunaduna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are giving out 3x3 inch satin bags with our names and the date on them-the bags will have a small brass incense burner, a book of matches with the same imprint and 4 incense cones (packed in a small 1 inch ziplock). The bags have silk ties on them on which we will attach a tag with the persons name and table theme on it-they will be placed on a table at the entrance and guests will use them to find which table they will be sitting at.
  • LaurnJoe11610LaurnJoe11610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not positive but as of now I am thinking of making hot chocolate cones with marshmallows and choc chips in them...as I am getting married in January so I wanted something wintery. I was also thinking of making "snowballs" with cupcakes and white icing and coconut...
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing little bags with Harry & David chocolate covered fruit (blueberries, cherries and strawberries).
    Shellie & Ken 10-22-11
  • ChristiejoyChristiejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing pressed/squished pennies (like the ones you get at tourist sites) that have our names and the date on them. I have collected them for years and the first time my fiance and I were away from each other for a significant amount of time he found a rest stop on the interstate to get me one that said "I love you". The were about a dollar each after shipping and a friend of mine made something that looks like a little matchbook to present them in. pictures: http://christieandfrank.shutterfly.com/43 http://christieandfrank.shutterfly.com/44
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone knows I cry at weddings so for the guests as they go into the ceremony they will get an embroderied hankerchief with a "for your tears of joy" tag and then at the reception some candy in a satchel, followed with cookies/milk for the guest as they leave. too much? maybe but all in all these are not expensive, just cool little touches in my mind. st
  • C WC W
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our favours were little jars of homemade strawberry jam. My mom, grandma and I made the jam about a week prior and decorated the jars by covering them with brightly coloured fabric. They were a hit with our guests.. we made extras and there were only 3 jars left behind!
  • joesbbyjoesbby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the little heart shaped chocolates in our wedding color, along with the personalized hersey kisses and the matches. The candy will be in tulle with a ribbon and the matches will be set next to them.
  • edited December 2011
    We're ordering the personalized bottles of hot sauce from the knot's wedding shop. Everyone who knows me knows that I love spicy food and hot sauce on almost everything. We're also placing some of the bottles on the tables for the appetizers we're serving (not a formal sit-down dinner reception). So excited to order them!
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to Paris for our honeymoon, so we are doing Eiffel Tower cookies tied with a ribbon and a note> i thought it was a good way to tie our honeymoon.
  • edited December 2011
    we have white bubble tubes for the ceremony that i got from theknot.com.  i am tying ribbons around them matching wedding colors of sage and chocolate brown.  for the reception we have personalized matches and personalized mini hershey bars that will be scattered on the tables.
  • edited December 2011
    that's too cute
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a casual beach wedding and instead of having our guests sit in chairs, we are making blankets for everyone to sit on and to take home as a favor. It fits with our informal picnic reception afterwards as well.
  • megdubsmegdubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in Nov, and we love love love wine.  (MY FI and I actually met at a wine bar.  So we are giving away full size bottles of wine.)  We are going to relable them with a thank you from us.  I also made wine charms for everyone and attached those on the save the dates.
  • mrsoconntobemrsoconntobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Several of you mentioned little glass bottles with cork tops, filled with jelly beans or m & m's.  Where did you get the little glass bottles with cork tops.
  • n.deangelon.deangelo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the end of October, so in keeping with the season, we decided we're giving mini pumpkin pies!  They're so cute (about 4" apiece). We're putting them in white boxes wrapped with purple satin ribbon and a label that reads, "Sweet dreams, Love Nicole & Tim". 
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding colors are orange and white. We ordered bottles of Jones soda in orange & cream flavor. The lables can be customized with a black and white picture of my fiance and I and a little note to the guests on the back. We are tying little charms that say "thank you" on with ribbon. Every guest is getting one. It's $29.99 for a 12 pack andsince we're only having 30 guests, it's pretty cheap.
  • edited December 2011
    Skittles and M&Ms alternating containers of each. Our initials are S and M so it's like free personalization!
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • tiregaltiregal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love some ideas for my daughter's wedding.  She is a nurse - he is a firefighter.  The colors are black & fuschia.  I found the perfect cake topper of a firefighter groom holding a nurse bride and thought some of you creative people out there could come up with some ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    My FBIL is roasting coffee beans and then putting a small amount of them (enough for 2-3 cups) in silver bags. He's trying to start his own roasting company so it works well for both of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards