Favors

bulbs as favor?

I just came across the idea for flower bulbs as a wedding favor and I like the idea,Just wanted some feedback if anyone things it would be a good favor or just a waste of money? Thanks!

Re: bulbs as favor?

• duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cannot and will not grow anything so I would either leave it on the table or take it home and throw it away.
  • edited December 2011
    I see from your bio that your wedding is in July. Most bulbs need to be planted in the fall for spring flowering. In July, as a gardener, I wouldn't want a bulb.  If you buy them now, you'll have to store them properly so they don't die because you won't be planting them. Buying them next spring is iffy, because you don't know if they are still alive. Buying them next summer may be quite expensive because they'll be out of season, if you can even find them. In other words, it's a waste of money, considering when your wedding is going to be held. If you want to do plants, try a small pot of culinary herbs like basil, oregano, sage, thyme, mint or parsley. Even people with black thumbs can take them home and use them in cooking food before they die, if they want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards