Favors

Favorite favor?

What has been your favorite favor you've recieved at a wedding? Or what would you like to get for a favor? We know we need to go with something edible so its less likely to be tossed. Any ideas would be great. Thank you.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Favorite favor?

• caityhadycaityhady member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    edible is definitely a great route! We're giving each guest a box of 3 homemade cookies. My favorite favor though was at my cousin's wedding...he and his FI made a donation to the American Cancer Society in lieu of traditional favors (it was especially meaningful b/c his dad had died from cancer 2 years earlier). I thought it was a great favor and everyone else did as well!
  • edited December 2011
    A small bottle of the groom's family's maple syrup is my favorite so far.  Not easily copied though since most don't have a working maple sugar house and enough sugar maples trees for it. lolWe also loved "local flavor" favors, especially as OOT guests, something that reflects the area, even if they weren't edible.
  • kim19943kim19943 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?
  • caretaylcaretayl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a photobooth and guests get will get a magnetic copy of their photo strip every time they go in the booth. I think this is a great option because 1) its something fun to do during the reception (up to 10 ppl fit in the booth at a time) 2) counts as a part favor and 3) I get a scrapbook at the end of the night that includes everyone's photos and a personal note, so no need for a guest book! I'm using a local company, but partybooths.com does it nationwide.
  • alison1209alison1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite favor was at FI's cousin's wedding...she did little mason jars of grilling spices that were really cute and useful. I'm sort of copying her idea - we're doing spice jars (from IKEA) but filling them with chocolate covered espresso beans since he proposed to me at Starbuck's (also the scene of our first kiss)! Hopefully people will like the treat and keep the jar to use at home.
  • edited December 2011
    A box of homemade candies.  they were beyond yummy
  • edited December 2011
    Our favorites have been edible or useful. A custom bottle of wine, drink koozies and warm chicken biscuits were the top three!
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm..just curious fly  by posting
  • edited December 2011
    testing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards