Favors
Options

Candy Bar..

Hello ladies!!  I've not posted on here before and I tried to do some stalking before I asked, but didn't see this exact topic.. sooo...

I know this may be a dumb question, but is a candy bar usually in lieu of individual favors or in addition to?  I've seen it done both ways, and I'm just not sure what the expectation is.  I'd love to be able to do both, but financially I just don't think I can swing it.  So, if it were a "both" thing then I'd just do the favors.  Thanks!!

Re: Candy Bar..

• Options
    melissak1qmelissak1q member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it can go either way. I don't see a problem with doing just the candy bar as favors. I'm probably going to do that, myself! I feel like edible favors are the way to go. No one wants a votive candle holder with your name on it anyway LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't normally post on this board either but for what it's worth here are my thoughts.  I am assuming that by candy bar you mean candy buffet?  We will be having a candy buffet at our wedding and it will serve as the favor.  I will be buying small bags and stamping them with a leaf or something possibly thank you and the wedding date. So iI do not think that you need to have a seperate favor if you do it that way. Most people leave the favors that are not edible anyway.  HTH
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing mine in addition. Each place setting will have a seashell cookie and there will also be a photobooth.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did our candy buffet, then did personalized golf tees and cookies in the shape of horses (golf is H's thing, horses is my thing)

i dont know if there are any expectations. i think if you just do the candy buffet people will understand that is the favor, but if you have something else, thats nice also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard of it both ways but as a guest I would be more than happy with just the candy :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our candy buffet as our main favor.  We are also having a photobooth where people will be taking home stips of their pictures.  But doing the candy buffet as your only favor is just fine :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Originally our candy buffet was going to double as favors as well, but about a week ago we decided to make a Sugar Skull for every family & couple as an extra favor (it's a Dia de los Muertos inspired wedding). Doing the candy buffet alone is perfectly fine as a favor. I personally would prefer a candy buffet over some little trinket that I'll inevitably throw away or put on a shelf somewhere.
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• Options
    MissRutigMissRutig member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it both ways, but it is fine to have the candy bar be your only favor. Like others have said, edible favors go over way better that something thats gonna end up in a junk drawer somewhere.
    We are doing a candy bar, and im going to get some kind of box or bag to stamp with our logo on. This will be the main favor, and was my plan all along.
    But we just found out recently my mom is going to be getting us a photobooth, so our guests will have that to take home too. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've decided to do the candy buffet as the (only) take away as well, with about 8 differnt size bowls and jars.  We've only decided on 2 candies so far (since our wedding is 9 months away) - personalized M&Ms and twizzlers.  We also found the cutest white pails from Michaels (baby section i think) that we'll put on the bar for people to take away, since it's a beach wedding.     
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a candy buffet as our favors, I went on easy.com and bought a template to make favor boxes to set at each place setting. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicMarch Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The candy bar alone is completely acceptable I think. You can always dress it up and make it as elaborate or simple as you want. A variety of candy and maybe personalized candy pails or bags would be nice touches! At a shower I went to, a friend had a lovely display table with candy in different size vases and jars. Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards