Favors

Champagne/Sparkling Wine???

Hi Ladies – I'm hoping someone on this board can help me Laughing
We decided to change our favors and are going to give out miniature Champagne bottles to everyone.  I’m not a Champagne drinker so I don’t know which brand it better.  Which brand is better
J. Roget or Cooks – I’m actually trying to get the spumante one since I have been told spumante is sweeter. By better I mean taste and also class – for example is Cooks or J. Roget the cheapest thing???  I don’t want to declassify my wedding or have it become tacky by giving out the cheapest champagne – I hope this is making sense. 
TIA
My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
Our Wedding Teasers
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Champagne/Sparkling Wine???

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did Cooks.  It was the cheapest I could find locally--they sell them in 4-packs where I live so it was perfect.  I was able to just pick them up when I went grocery shopping and bought them gradually instead of all at once.  It tastes pretty good-not terrible by any means.  The only other option I had where I live is Korbel, which I don't like.  I don't know anything about J. Roget.  Here is a pic of mine:

• AnnekiteAnnekite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cooks is pretty cheap, but unless you're going to dole out the money for the moet and chandon minis, I'd say you'd be ok either way, especially if you're putting a label on it.  I'd say between the two, go for the J. Roget if you want spumante.  A caution, though.  Buy both and try them, in both brut and spumante.  Because while spumante is sweeter, it's REALLY sweet.  Like sweeter than riesling sweet.  That's just a matter of taste, though, and what you think guests will like.  I personally prefer brut because I can't stand the sweet of spumante after a few sips.  Starts to taste like a wine cooler.
  • edited December 2011
    Let's be honest... Not too many people are gonna crack those babies open anyway.  And most people, if I may say so myself, don't know the difference between Andre and Veuve L' Clerque.  SO! I suggest getting what fits your budget and using that other poster's idea and covering the label with a custom label.  It was tres cute :) Additionally, I'm not a fan of Asti Spumante.  It's, um, like drinking a wine lollipop.
    BabyFruit Ticker If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. Even if we're apart i'll always be with you. - A.A. Milne
  • edited December 2011
    I would prefer Chandon, but unless your guests are connoisseurs I would go with the budget friendly option.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you can find them, Sofia Coppola sparkling wine comes in these hot pink cans, about $14 for a four pack, super cute and tasty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards