Favors

Candy Buffet Ideas?

My fiance and I want to do a candy buffet. I read the post about all of the candies, and they had some GREAT ideas I will be using.  How did you display the candy? How much did you order? And what type of bags did you use for guests to put their candy in (or did you have another method)?  Do I have to have 1 bag per guest?  I am just trying to get an idea of the cost.
Thanks!

Re: Candy Buffet Ideas?

• edited December 2011
    You should order about 1/4 pd of candy per guest.Alot of ppl use chinese take out boxes but i used candy bags with wedding dressed & tuxes on them,we ordered one bag per guest plus a bunch extra just incase.
    this is what our candy buffet looked like(our venue set it all up for us).

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did you display the candy? On a table with the candy in varying sizes of jars. Our venue set it up.  Pics below.  I got all the apothecary jars at TJ Maxx.
    How much did you order? I did 1/2 lb. per guest which I thought was too much.  I agree with 1/4 lb. per person.
    And what type of bags did you use for guests to put their candy in (or did you have another method)?  I did the 1/2 pint Chinese takeout boxes which I decorated myself.  They held plenty and looked cute but if I had done the 1 pint I might not have had so much left over.
    Do I have to have 1 bag per guest?  I did but not everyone will take one.
    Remember that the candy bar is also a decor item so you want it to look inviting and pretty.

• hillmanl2hillmanl2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    stephiehall ...

where did you get the round stickers that you put on the boxes?

thanks!
  • asweet21asweet21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you get those bags?  I have seen boxes with the dress and tux, but not bags.  I really like them!  Also did you find people filled the bag, I am afraid of not having enough candy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Where do you get the take out boxes? I've been looking for them for my candy buffet :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards