Favors

Candy Bar

We are doing a candy bar for our guests where they can scoop out and fill up little bags of goodies they pick and choose. The problem is we are not exactly sure how many candies to order. Of course we don't want to run out too early but we don't want a ton left over. 

We are inviting about 250 people.

So far we were intending on ordering 5lbs of Boston Baked Beans, 5lbs of red licorice twists, 5lbs of Swedish fish, 5 lbs of gummy sharks, 5 lbs of sixlets, 5 lbs of m&m as well as make chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate dipped fortune cookies and make rock candy.

Is this enough? Too much? Whats your thoughts?

Re: Candy Bar

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a good variety.  You will probably want around 60 lbs. total for all 250 guests--but wait until you get your RSVPs and plan on around 1/4 lb. per person, as probably not all 250 will attend.
  • edited December 2011
    How much have you estimated the candy bar is going to cost? I reallllllllly want to do a candy bar but my FI says "It's too expensive."
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My candy bar was much more than I thought it would be--around $400 and I've seen girls spend twice that.  But, I also ordered too much candy.  You can plan on spending a couple of hundred at the very least.  Getting custom candy in your wedding colors (like I did) is more expensive than just getting regular wrapped candy.  And if you can buy it locally and/or on sale after a holiday, you'll save even more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards