Favors

Marine corps themed wedding HELP!

The theme is marine corps because my fiancée is becoming one right before the wedding. Any ideas on how to incorporate the theme in the main things such as favors, centerpieces, etc. our color scheme is navy blue and white with accents of gold and red.

Re: Marine corps themed wedding HELP!

• what ideas do you have so far
  • I think themes are best done subtly.  A few small touches go a long way.

Ideas for a military wedding:

1.  Have him wear his uniform.   GMs too, if any of them are in the service. It's fine for non-military GMs to wear tuxes while others are wearing uniforms.  Your color scheme will work fine for this.

2.  Sword arch leaving the ceremony.  You have to know people with swords -- a base honor guard might be able to do this.    This is a cool way to incorporate Marine friends of his that he doesn't know well enough to be GM (if they have swords, or if you can borrow some).

3.  Marine Corps themed grooms-cake, if you're having one.  Or if not, you could do edible favors like cookies decorated with the marine corps emblem, or with camo or something else fun.

4.  Cut the cake with a sword.  Again, you'll need a sword.   If your Fi doesn't have one, you could try to borrow one.

I think that's as "military" as I would go.  It's a wedding, not the Marine Corps Ball :-)
    DSC_9275
  • Post this on the Military Brides board.  Those ladies will definitely have some ideas for you.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • i need help!my husband is over seas right now so i have to decide what all i want. i know i want it done in usmc theme hes wearing his dress blues.but i have no idea what will go with it.please help me!
  • first, I know this is late, but for anyone who comes across this in the future... you cannot simply borrow a Sword. You MUST be an NCO to have sword. Anyone under the rank of E4 will not have one. You have to have rank to use and own a sword. So if you want to cut your cake with a sword, make sure your marrying an NCO.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards