Favors
Options

Beach Wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, Help!

We are getting married in March 2011 and I'm looking for a few good ideas!  Any ideas on favors, decor, welcome bags, etc. would be greatly appreciated!  A big constraint will be travelling through customs with any items, so anything that wont make it or will be too hard to pack is out of the question.  Any ideas?

Re: Beach Wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just plan on treating them to things at the actual hotel / resort instead of things they can take back.  So maybe see if your hotel would do a cookie bar one night instead of a welcome bag.  Or see what it might cost to have them take a tour instead of favors.  I realize we're talking different prices, but I would look more for an experience to treat them to instead of an item to treat them to - mostly because they won't be able to take a lot of things back with them.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a small, locally-made knick knack like an ornament?  I know people don't like personalized things, but if everyone is travelling to an exotic destination, it may be nice to have an ornament type thing that just lists the destination & year, kind of like a souvenir for them.  I'd hang one of those on my tree.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a destination vow renewal,and although i was going to be doing welcome bag's i was thinking that mabye instead of doing those that i would put the money into having a cocktail/welcome party the night we board our cruise ship.If you are staying in a hotel mabye you could rent out a room and have a little party to welcome/thank everyone for joining your special day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The tour sounds great, I've also seen oot bags with an "emergency kit" theme that include everything from pepto to a local map to flip flops...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    H and I just got back from our honeymoon in Mexico last week.  I definitely think that you trying to travel to Mexico with a bunch of extra items for favors and welcome bags will really be quite a hassle for you.  You will probably have to pay luggage fees since each person is only allowed one checked bag under 50 pounds (at least that was our airline's policy.  You will have to check with yours.)

Also, it might cause you delays when going through customs if you have a bunch of stuff you have to declare.

I like PPs suggestion of hosting a cocktail hour type party for your guests when they arrive or seeing if the hotel/resort can maybe provide some sort of something for your guests...like cookies, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards