Favors
Options

Crafts for favors?

For our favors I was thinking of putting a craft in everyone's place to make a picture frame magn. (like the ones in gradeschool) during the wedding as a small entertainment time. Mostly because my fiance and I love to do holiday crafts at home. Is it too tacky or do you think a wide range of people would enjoy doing one?

Side note: They would be self sticking foam pieces (so no glue at all) to a foam frame in little kits.

Re: Crafts for favors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I vote terrible idea. Maybe for the kids table, but don't make grown adults do arts and crafts at your wedding reception. Like you said, grade school. If you want to incorporate your love for crafts, maybe you and your FI can DIY your centerpieces, or make your own frame for the table numbers or something. 
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be a good idea if you had kids there but not for the adults.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good for kids, not for adults.
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

IMHO I am an adult and do not need any type of crafts to keep me occupied in at a social event, let your wedding be the entertainment and your guests can socialize amongst one another fo "entertainment time"

• Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs, maybe for the kids table but not for adults.

I personally would be offended by the idea that someone thought I needed an art project to keep my busy during a wedding.

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry, but terrible idea.  Please treat your guests like the adults they are.  I absolutely don't need a "craft project" to help me enjoy a social event.  I know how to socialize, mingle, chat, visit, and catch up with family and friends I haven't seen in awhile.  Rethink this idea.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    reebsreebsreebsreebs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually think it's cool. If it is meaningful to you, fun. I'd do it and take it home. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards