Favors
Options

Favor Etiquette

How many favors are you having? Are you making one for everyone, even though you know for a fact that some people won't take them?

We have 115 guests and have 107 favors made with the materials we bought. Knowing that some people won't take them, can we stop at 107? Or should I go out and buy more supplies to make the 8 other favors just in case? 

We have milk-chocolate covered almonds, just in case that sways anyone's opinion. I am nervous we will run out and look silly, but FI doesn't want to spend more money. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favor Etiquette

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you including the wedding party and close family in the 115? Some of them may not get the favor, or you can tell some of them not to get it. lol.... depending on how long it takes to make each favor, I might make a few more just in case. I'd be afraid of people taking two... I'm also wondering how much more money eight more favors are when you've already made over a hundred.
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would have enough for everyone. What happens if everyone decides that they want to take one and some miss out?

September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). imageimage

101 in 1001
  • Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm making enough for everyone, plus a few extra just in case!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely have enough for everyone...some people may even take two to bring home to kids.

Good luck!

Anne
    http://www.top-10-bridal-shower-ideas.com
  • Options
    ierlandierland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding recently that a guest actually took the favors off other place settings. I say have extras. These days some people don't use manners nd I always want to diffuse trouble. Sad I know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, guests took favors at other places, how rude! I haven't even considered this happening and was only doing 1 favor per family. eek, looks like I have some more work to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards