Favors
Options

DIY Favors: Will I have time?

We live in California, but are getting married back home in North Dakota. We will only be in town for 6 days before our wedding, and I am wondering if I will have the time to make our favors? We are thinking either: a cookie bar, carmeled apples, chocolate dipped rice crispy bars, or brownie pops. Do you think its reasonable to think that I (with some help) can make them and package them without getting overly stressed?

Re: DIY Favors: Will I have time?

• Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can, just make sure you allow yourself enough time to do-so.  Maybe ask your family members to help you out as well...otherwise you don't HAVE to have favors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think the key to answering this question is; how much time will you have to commit to this, how many are you baking for, how much help will you have, and what other things absolutely need to be done while you are home?  The key to this being stress free is having enough helpers and having no other commitments to get to.  The baking part is relatively easy, but the wrapping may be the stress point. 

I am in a similiar situation - we live in VA but our wedding will be in our home state of NY and all of our wedding things (flowers, centerpieces, invite and favors) are DYI.  Our wedding is Thanksgiving weekend, and I was thinking of baking cookies (to go along with our tea favors) but decided against it, only because I couldnt figure out the logistics of keeping the cookies fresh until our wedding day (i.e. complete lack of frig/freezer space).  Our plan B was to order small boxes of Whitman chocolate.  As much as I wanted a very personalized favor for my guest, what I wanted more was to enjoy the company of my family in the limited time that I had with them. 

If you have the time, the space, and a team of helpers, then go for it.  If you have enough help, you could turn it into a social/bridal event. 

Best of luck to you!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For me, I wouldn't recommend planning anything that needs to in those 6 days that doesn't absolutely have to be done that way.  Even without making lots and with help, it seems like you're stacking a lot on that plate to take it on - especially not being in your own home/kitchen.

That said, if you're set on it, it's totally do-able if you're organized enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards