Favors

wine favors

we are considering giving out a bottle of home made wine as favors, but how do we say its one per couple/family without sounding cheap??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wine favors

• edited December 2011
    Wine and weddings are inseparable and its traditional to toast the bride and groom at their wedding party reception and consume to some fulfilled and prolonged lasting marriage. Couples can compliment the wine wedding party favors by adding many very simple things like the wine party.
  • kbn22273kbn22273 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try smaller bottles.  I'm doing the same thing.  We went to a local winery and made our own batch.  Instead of the regular 750ml bottles, we opted for ones that are 1 glass each (1/4 size).  We made our own labels and will have them at each place setting.
  • edited December 2011
    You could have a decorative sign or framed message on the wine table that reads something like, "Our heartfelt thanks to you for sharing this very special day with us.  We invite each family to please accept a bottle of wine as a small token of our gratitude"

This might not be the most perfect wording, but the point here is to be heavy on the 'thank you' message, and gently pop in the "one per party" message. 

One other idea, just for the sake of throwing out another idea, is to put a tag on each bottle with the family's name..so people will grab the one you reserved for them.

• unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't think a bottle per couple is cheap. have your venue place them in between the couples place setting in a little organza bag with ribbon and a little thank you note. i think the guests will realize pretty quickly that it's one per couple by the amount of bottles on the table. i recently went to a wedding that did this and it was pretty clear.
  • edited December 2011
    thank you all so much for the ideas!! a smaller bottle would be a excellent idea but we already have over 200 regular bottle sizes! we will see the wedding is still a ways off...2012 anyway!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a really nice idea, I would just make sure you feel it's appropriate for everyone on the guest list.  I know in my family we have several "reformed" alcoholics and alcohol would definitely not be an appropriate gift for them.  Just food for thought!
  • edited December 2011
    that is a great point, i dont think this is an issue on my side ill check with him on his, but thank you for the thought!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards