Favors

Waterproof ink?

I would love to get a cute stamp with our names and wedding date to do gift bags etc.  I thought it would be cool and cheaper! to stamp our napkins as well but I absolutely do not want to be responsible for getting ink on anyones dress clothes if the ink runs!  Has anyone done this before and can recommend a good ink to try?

Re: Waterproof ink?

• edited December 2011
    I am not sure about buying the stamp, but I imagine you could order one on vistaprint.com or any office supply store such as Staples or Office Max.

As far as the napkins go, I bought mine, but I do know you can emboss them yourself for a bit cheaper. I just didn't have the time to do it. Here is a website that may help you: http://brideonbudget.blogspot.com/2010/01/embossed-cocktail-napkins.html

You could also post this on the DIY board, those ladies over there are pretty crafty and good at that kinda of stuff. Good luck
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Some of the higher end inks seem to run less.  Ask the DYI boards or hit the stamp art aisle at your local craft store and talk to one of the staff. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would be concerned about stamping napkins. First I think it will look very cheap DIY. Besides from your thoughts about running which very likely can happen because of the thickness and texture of the napkin, how do you know this ink is safe to be used around food and people's hands and faces. How do you know there is not some dye in the color which is unsafe to be used with eating. You can't just assume these things.

Commercial places that sell these embossed napkins know the health laws and comply with them. You don't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards