Favors
Options

Wine Favors

We are having our wedding at a winery so I thought it would be neat to incorporate that into our favors. But all I can seem to find are wine bottle stoppers....I think that is to generic. Does anyone have any ideas??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wine Favors

• Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They make corkscrews that you can get as favors.  You could also look into small bottles of wine.  How expensive is the wine from that winery?  And do they sell mini bottles?  Perhaps they would give you a deal and you could give each couple a bottle of wine.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP, a bottle of wine would be an amazing favor!

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree--mini bottles or a bottle of the wine for each table.

• Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are these really good corkscrews that look like this:

They work really well.  I have a couple and I think they were about $5 each.  If you're buying several (you might be able to get a deal) and only giving one per couple, it might be cost-effective.

I'm definitely on the mini bottles of wine train though.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Wine charms are very easy and inexpensive to make and you can personalize them in hundreds of ways........wine "bands" are also becoming quite popular now.
  • Options
    Linz10882Linz10882 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just saw wine themed Christmas ornaments at Macy's.  They are 60% off (yesterday and today, I believe).  That could be cute depending on the time of year you're having your wedding.
  • Options
    em0688em0688 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your ideas! I am probably going to give mini bottles of wine to each couple. The regular bottle of wine will get too pricey!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Although I think wine is a great favor, I am concerned about those who are under 21.  Will there be a lot of guests who are not legally allowed to have alcohol?  (I have TONS of younger cousins and if I had wine as a favor, I would feel bad not giving them any sort of gift).  Will you have an alternative gift for those under 21?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jelly beans in wine bottles are a great alternative for underage guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.WineBottleCharms.com for a personalized drip collar that also holds the cork to the bottle.  Great for wedding party gifts and favors.  You can also use the coupon code "WS35" for $2.00 off each item. 
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wine-favors-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:2f86ae68-45e3-4506-8e76-35f636421c3cPost:6efb2738-af84-4f77-ac2e-4bc3a96cfdb9">Re: Wine Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jelly beans in wine bottles are a great alternative for underage guests.
    Posted by MissCynic[/QUOTE]

What a creative idea! I really like it.
  • Options
    JakeMatzJakeMatz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I have a great idea. Wine charms or stemware make great gifts. My wife actually makes them on the side and I took them to a school sale to see how they went over with other teachers and they were a HUGE hit. If you are interested, I could send you photos of the stemware charms. -They can be used a number of different ways. You could have your wedding colors incoroporated in the charms and have the wrap up the stems of eveyones glasses (they are bendable) or you could wrap everyone's napkins with the charms and then your guests could take them as their gift. They are a cool-fun way to identify your wine glass at a party! Let me know if you are interested! My email is matzj@turnerusd202.org.....she sells them for $12/set of 4.   -She also makes decorative party-drink stirers with charms on them.     -jake
  • Options
    JakeMatzJakeMatz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Here are pics of the charms!!  matzj@turnerusd202.or
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the wine bottle idea. I'm also getting married in wine country, but on Long Island in NY. The bottle favors here are upwards of 10-12 a bottle, and they do not sell half bottles. I'd prefer to keep my wine to the region, but for you, getting half bottles of california wine will be a snap - and some of them are really not pricey. If you google it - there is a website that will even label your bottles to fit your affair - hope that helps!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards