Favors
Options

Edible favor ideas

I am having troubling choosing a favor.....I have not yet come across anything that I am thrilled about.  I would like something edible bc that is what I think most people would actually use/eat.   One idea I have is personalized drink mixes (tea/cocktail/coffee).....but wanted some opinions as well as other ideas that are simple but also cute! Please help!
Mr. & Mrs. Est 6.25.11 Our first little one on the way...EDD 10.19.13 BabyFetus Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Edible favor ideas

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of ideas for edible favors.

We did a candy buffet, and I've been at weddings that had caramel apples, truffles in the couple's wedding colors, small jars of honey from the bride's father's farm, etc. The options are really endless. Think about candies/treats you and your Fi enjoy, and use those as inspiration. :)
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did these.  A close friend made them.  Every one was taken!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cookies.  brownies.  popcorn.  lollipops.  jam.  maple syrup.  candy.  muffins.  chocolate dipped pretzels.  coffee.  tea mix.  hot cocoa.  a food that is particular to northeast Ohio.  wine. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    prusgirlprusgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had truffles.  We offered them because it went well with the decor.

You can get some at very reasonable prices....

godiva.com
    truffletrolley.com
    davidschocolates.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well heck I missed where you were from...Ohio...Buckeyes!  YUMMY
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chocolate, fortune cookies, brownies, candy, gum, lollipops, candy apples
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_edible-favor-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:30449a38-0c52-4fd2-a69f-50c38c7d45a5Post:fe156722-52f5-461d-a8c9-96de61e0bd40">Edible favor ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having troubling choosing a favor.....I have not yet come across anything that I am thrilled about.  I would like something edible bc that is what I think most people would actually use/eat.   One idea I have is personalized drink mixes (tea/cocktail/coffee).....but wanted some opinions as well as other ideas that are simple but also cute! Please help!
    Posted by slh6363[/QUOTE]

Well, do you and your FI have any favorite treats?  candy bars, cookies, cakes, lollypops in yummy flavors?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did M&M's in our wedding colors. It was perfect bc both of our first names start with M. And we just bought some of the favor kits at Wal-Mart to put them in.
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've really started to like the idea of chocolate dipped Oreo or other cookies. You could do white chocolate and add color to it to match your wedding colors.

Note: I haven't looked into it so I don't know if food dye would work so if you'd have to use something else to color the chocolate,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_edible-favor-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:30449a38-0c52-4fd2-a69f-50c38c7d45a5Post:bd3d2aee-045b-4b13-b723-9e2e753e5a4d">Re: Edible favor ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've really started to like the idea of chocolate dipped Oreo or other cookies. You could do white chocolate and add color to it to match your wedding colors. Note: I haven't looked into it so I don't know if food dye would work so if you'd have to use something else to color the chocolate,
    Posted by MLekathLEEN[/QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure you would have to use gel food coloring over liquid food coloring.  Liquid would make the chocolate seize.  I do know that Hobby Lobby and other places sell a variety of colored melting chocolate.
  • Options
    carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering about the choc dipped oreos too. I could do those myself but I wasnt really sure how to decorate them. I thought it would be cute to put our monogram on them but not sure how it would work. Any suggestions?

I also thought about doing full size candybars and putting a personalized label around them.
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely agree with the edible favor route - they always seem most popular, most useful, and most enjoyable!

We did bottles of wine - 1 per couple.  Since this is an international board, not sure if you have Trader Joes stores by you.  They sell $3 Charles Shaw bottles of wine.  We get them all the time - they are really good.  A lot of people really liked the favors :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm doing a candy buffet, but there are super cute coffee, tea or co co favors,
    this site has some super cute ones for inspiration
    http://www.myweddingfavors.com/coffee-favors.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a candy station,
    plus i had a spoonful of kisses,and a gift bag filled with personalized hershey bars(i didnt have much chocolate at the candy station),mini bottles of wine,wedding mints and a few other things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing honey favors with little honey dippers. They aren't too expensive and very cute!! WSe got them off of www.ebeehoney.com . They ship right away and we got them within 3 days of ordering. The jars are super cute !!
    Dating 3-22-09 Engaged 1-1-10 Married 10-16-10 Expanded 9-21-11 Expanding again 5-2-13 Annalynne Joy ? 9-21-11 ?Our Little Cupcake? IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    retro_bride09retro_bride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning on having two pieces of Sees candy for each person, one each of our favorite flavor, bordeaux for me, butterscotch squares for FI.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    135 Invitedimage 105 Ready to Partyimage 30 Missing Outimage
    RSVP Deadline: 9.30.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out saltedcaramel.net - this Chicago company offers personalization to your vision.  From a candy buffet to favors and out of town guest gifts, this team will get it right!  Their Bacon Bourbon Caramel Corn & Smoked Pecan Bourbon Caramel Corn are grown-up, edgy and unique.  Check them out in Food & Wine magazine!!
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing brownies...which will be a baileys liquer brownie, a pb brownie and a fudge brownie!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing cookies. FI's favorite and my favorite. My grandma is going to make them all for us which really means a lot to us. We'll wrap them up and put a cute message on the packaging. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about chocolate dipped rice krispie treats on sticks? You can wrap the ends in cellophane an you have an instant favor!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used liquor bottles (in bio)
    they were little ouzo bottles (were greek) and we attached jorban almonds to them (i have a lot left over)

they looked really nice, everyone loved the idea and they either used them at the reception or took them home.
    im glad i went this route.. i hate things that are useless and get thrown in the trash.

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
    EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LisaB26541LisaB26541 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    flirtatiousgrk, where did you find the mini bottles of ouzo? My fiance is Greek and I think this could be the perfect favor!
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_edible-favor-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:30449a38-0c52-4fd2-a69f-50c38c7d45a5Post:8658d875-bf79-48a4-98b5-3ca6196010c1">Re: Edible favor ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out saltedcaramel.net - this Chicago company offers personalization to your vision.  From a candy buffet to favors and out of town guest gifts, this team will get it right!  Their Bacon Bourbon Caramel Corn & Smoked Pecan Bourbon Caramel Corn are grown-up, edgy and unique.  Check them out in Food & Wine magazine!!
    Posted by bridgetkdoherty@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Psst. Vendors aren't allowed on here. Four posts, all related to this company and its products. Real subtle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think I'm doing one of my favorite snacks...s'mores. I second pp who suggested that you incorporate a favorite snack.

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we have not gotten to this point yet so we have not discussed it officially but I am leaning towards bags of trail mix with a label with our names etc and tied with ribbon matching our colors. our wedding is outdoor themed so to speak because we enjoy hiking, rock climbing, kayaking etc. i agree with the other posters that it should reflect your personalities and interests. if you love to eat it, most of your guest will too!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    where did u get the ouzo bottles personalized?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards