Favors
Options

Homemade cookies or baby trees? Cool or uncool?

We are on a budget (but really, who isn't?).

A wedding planner friend of ours explained that the bride and groom should really distribute the favors individually to the guests as they go around to the tables. I had never heard of this, but thought that it did sound nice. She explained that this was our time to let our guests know how happy we are that they are there and to give them a token of our gratefulness.

So, since we are watching what we spend, we thought about planting baby trees and/or flowers in small, plantable pots and giving one to each guest. Hey, if one person plants one of them, a tree was planted in honor of our marriage!

Or is that too "hippie" of us? Another idea we saw years ago is that the couple made homemade chocolate chip cookes (just the kind you break apart and bake) and put one in a wax bag with some ribbon and gave it to guests.

Oy!

Which one would you prefer and/or appreciate more as a guest? Open to all suggestions!

Hint: morning wedding with a brunch reception.

Re: Homemade cookies or baby trees? Cool or uncool?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i would say go with the cookie,guest's like things that are edible so they can have a little snack on the way home and alot of your guest may not have anywhere to plant the tree.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Edible favours are the most popular favor, but I think the baby trees idea is really sweet!
  • Options
    novellasnovellas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm making cupcake pops and brownie pops for my engagement party, and they're super easy to make!

i'm going to be dipping them in green candy melts and piping our monogram on them.
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Cookies.  Go for that.  I couldn't fathom walking around to every table and giving every guest a favor.  Nice idea, but it seems like your time could be used another way... unless you're having a receiving line and then you could do this then.
  • Options
    MissLauraKayeMissLauraKaye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! You are very talented! Brownie pops might be a fun idea.

How many are you making for your engagement party?
  • Options
    novellasnovellas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    150 each!
    Unfortunately, those aren't mine, I haven't posted pics of my brownie pops yet, but! i did make pie pops (i'm a fan of things on a stick)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Cookies. I have never heard of giving the favors to guests individually. We are just placing ours on the tables and then they are free to take them.
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should just leave favors on the table.  One, how are you going to carry all of these favors around?  And if you did the potted plant thing, you could get soil all over yourself. You can visit with your guests and go around the tables to thank them, but really your reception is the "favor" to them.  You don't need to give them cookies or candy or a trinket to "remember" your wedding.  Show them a great time and that can be their memory, not something they may not know what to do with afterwards.  Save that couple hundred dollars and use it elsewhere- more food, alcohol, another hour with your dj, etc.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with the cookie of the two choices.  But as others have said I defintely would not be handing them out to each person.  Unless you are having a very small wedding, I would think that would take the whole time.  We are having about 250 people so its basically impossible.  We know that even getting around to every table is going to be difficult.  So just leave them on the table and spend the time enjoying your reception.  Besides you're more likely to miss people and them not get a favor that way. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of cookies  here we have cookie tables at the reception  I think the Cookie Pop idea can be a great one for favors and easy to do!
  • Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would prefer a cookie.

I live in an apartment, so the tree would go to waste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards