Favors

Wedding favor etiquette

Is is ok to place the wedding favors at each seat at the reception? (on table in front of seat)  Reason for asking because placing the favors on the table for guest to pick up on the way out, I'm worried the kids will go and keep grabbing them since I'm filling them with candy. This happened at another family member's wedding.

Re: Wedding favor etiquette

• Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's how our venue put them out (one on each napkin) - worked out great.  I don't recall ever going to a wedding where the favors were on a table by the exit actually.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that is the way to go. 

At the end of the night I am guilty of stealing candy boxes my tablemates left behind :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen them on an "exit" table plenty of times before, but I think they get forgotten more often this way. I kind of like the look of them sitting at the table waiting for them when they seat themselves.
  • medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am putting my favors on a table for them to pick up when they walk in. I am using pillow boxes filled with candy and a ribbon around it. The ribbon is going to be secured with a label that has their name and table assignment on it. Duel purpose. Is this ok?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wedding-favor-etiquette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:32e4ff34-31c1-4a87-8b23-78bb4e182bb3Post:bc0b9933-8a29-4d68-bee0-e31c1ae5f097">Re: Wedding favor etiquette</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am putting my favors on a table for them to pick up when they walk in. I am using pillow boxes filled with candy and a ribbon around it. The ribbon is going to be secured with a label that has their name and table assignment on it. Duel purpose. Is this ok?
    Posted by medatc[/QUOTE]

Yes. Multipurpose is always good. This way you know every person would get it otherwise they won't know where to sit. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards