Favors
Options

Koozies...TACKY???

We're having our wedding on the beach and it's going to be more casual than formal...a laid back island feel.  I'm a big fan of koozies, but is it an appropriate favor?  Guests would be able to use them right away since the reception will be outside.

Re: Koozies...TACKY???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've received MANY koozies as favors.  I think they are great and something that everyone (almost everyone) will use.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love having a Koozie on hand for an ice cold beer. Great idea!
  • Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would hate it, especially if it had your names and wedding date on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't like it, but my parents would love it. I think it comes down to personal preference and the crowd you are inviting. If it fits with their style and the style of your wedding, go for it. 
  • Options
    SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the opinions of koozies vary greatly depending on where you live. Here in the southeast, koozies are everywhere. I keep mine in my purse and most people use them at bars. I think because tailgating/college football is such a big deal around this area people have grown accustomed to using koozies. My grandparents still tailgate lol.

However, I wouldn't puts your names on them and I would only give them as favors if you are serving bottled beer.
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_kooziestacky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:35027cfb-5af9-4849-9110-429943c597daPost:fb09aa10-a007-4ebc-9475-0a63a31b818f">Re: Koozies...TACKY???</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think the opinions of koozies vary greatly depending on where you live. </strong>Here in the southeast, koozies are everywhere. I keep mine in my purse and most people use them at bars. I think because tailgating/college football is such a big deal around this area people have grown accustomed to using koozies. My grandparents still tailgate lol. However, I wouldn't puts your names on them and I would only give them as favors if you are serving bottled beer.
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

This. I received one as a favor one time and they went straight into the garbage - we don't use them.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think koozies are fine.  We've gotten some at weddings, and I could really care less that the names/date/monogram of the B&G are on there.  Koozies aren't something I'm worried about having a matching set.  In fact, we've never bought a koozie.  The ones we have are ones people have left at our house or ones we've gotten at weddings. 

I usually have one in my purse too.  I use it for soda a lot.  If I don't have a place to put my soda down, and I'll have to hold it, I like having a koozie so my hand doesn't get cold.  Same thing with if the sodas were in a cooler full of ice.  I don't want to hold a freezing, wet can.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love this idea, thanks you just sorted out my issue!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work in a bar in Texas, and *lots* of ppl here carry them around with them.  I thought about using koozies as our favors too, but thought it was too cliche since I'm a bartender!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.jeremyandsarah.weebly.com
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really must depend on your area. I don't have a single koozie and I wouldn't be at all excited about getting one, especially if it had, well, anything on it. I would never even think of putting one in my purse or taking it to a bar. But if people in your area are really into them, then I guess they'd like it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    allisonkbyeallisonkbye member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    would love it! feel free to send one my way when u order them lol 
  • Options
    Ready2wed11Ready2wed11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had to laugh out loud when ya'll said you carry them in your purse! I grew up with Koozies. But now I live in California and they are non existent here. I'm going to start carrying one in my purse too! What a great idea! I'm sure ppl will give me a funny look at the bar while I am rocking my koozie.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I had a friend give these as favors for her engagement party.. they said "To have and to hold and to keep your beer cold".. I'd love it!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_kooziestacky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:35027cfb-5af9-4849-9110-429943c597daPost:babadf85-c618-4629-a1ae-1b447a8f9be7">Re: Koozies...TACKY???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a friend give these as favors for her engagement party.. they said "To have and to hold and to keep your beer cold".. I'd love it!
    Posted by jpickering8[/QUOTE]

That is so cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards