Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

I need to B&M

I don't do this to often on here but I seriously need to vent!

My FI is driving me crazy! He wants to have an Ipod wedding...I want a DJ! Yes I was for the Ipod at first but it is way harder than it seems. I researched and downloaded all of the songs, I listen to each one to make sure the downloads were clear, we have to pay the hotel $200 to anchor speakers in the ceremony room and to use their equipment in the ballroom, we have to ask friends and family to help change songs and make announcements (this REALLY bugs me)

Why do he not see that getting a DJ is a more stress free option??!!! (especially for me since I seem to be the one having to deal with arranging everything for the Ipod!!)

Melodies and Memories are still availble for my date too!!

Ugh!! I am so annoyed right now!!

Re: I need to B&M

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry :(

Could you opt for a cheaper DJ?  I mean I know Melody is awesome but there are some cheaper ones out there that would certainly be an improvement over having to work an Ipod the whole time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry... I hate when guys are stubborn about things that they haven't really thought through. I can see how iPods could work well at a lot of smaller weddings. But your's is at a hotel; I think it's more than reasonable to get a DJ!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_need-bm-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:44dd839f-b086-43ac-8b7e-68622723aa97Post:3cf6baa5-aa37-429d-91ec-0950a454d3c8">Re: I need to B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry :( Could you opt for a cheaper DJ?  I mean I know Melody is awesome but there are some cheaper ones out there that would certainly be an improvement over having to work an Ipod the whole time.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

Yes, I tried to talk him into M&M and that was a no go...then I told him that the cheapest I could find is $500.00 but he still won't go for it :(

We need to just find someone to manage the Ipod and make announcements and I could live with that....Any knotties free that night?? I will pay you :)
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea,
    I'm sorry he's being such a dunderhead about this.  $500 is a great deal!!!!  You could also try convincing him by telling him that you want your guests, parents, friends, etc. to be able to fully enjoy the wedding without having to get up and change songs or make awkward announcements (if they're not used to speaking in public).  Plus what if one of them gets up to make an announcement and ends up embarassing one of you? 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $500?  That's only $300 more than you'll have to pay anyway.  And you won't have to bother your friends or family OR be stressed about it!

I'm sorry.  :(  I would say fine, YOU find the people to run the IPOD, you ask YOUR friends to set it up and MC the event, etc., I have too much other stuff to worry about.  And if he does, OK.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_need-bm-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:44dd839f-b086-43ac-8b7e-68622723aa97Post:702ce996-fb88-4d12-9313-277ed70ec06c">Re: I need to B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE] I would say fine, YOU find the people to run the IPOD, you ask YOUR friends to set it up and MC the event, etc., I have too much other stuff to worry about.  And if he does, OK.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Great idea! But make sure to give him a timeline to have a plan in place. You don't want to find out at the rehearsal dinner that he forgot to ask someone...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_need-bm-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:44dd839f-b086-43ac-8b7e-68622723aa97Post:22b2f573-84bf-4b85-9737-9b9f1dc790a4">Re: I need to B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need to B&M : Great idea! But make sure to give him a timeline to have a plan in place. You don't want to find out at the rehearsal dinner that he forgot to ask someone...
    Posted by MsLaura31[/QUOTE]

Hee, very true, good thinking!
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea...this coming from the guy whose only job for the wedding was the music.....and who ended up doing the music... ME hahaha he is a MAJOR procrastonator (sp?) and I am super over organized  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards