Favors

Christmas theme favors?

I found those cute silver bells (1.5 inch) and I think if I tie a cute ribbon on each they will make good favors for a December pre-Christmas wedding. What do you think, ladies?

Re: Christmas theme favors?

• edited December 2011
    cute idea, and they can serve double duty by having the guests ring the little bells in lu of throwing rice
  • edited December 2011
    Yes! I read about that too :) And then the guests can use tham for their Christmas tree.
  • edited December 2011
    I think they will be fine as favors. I have seen them in large packages at Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby in the wedding sections. And it will prevent a glass from being broken like my Aunt did at our wedding from banging her fork to get us to kiss.
  • edited December 2011
    That is such a cute idea! I love it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm generally in the camp that edible favors are the way to go, but I think these will be fine. Just make sure you don't have you and your FI's names/wedding date engraved on them.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love it. love it. love it.  just please don't personalize it.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your replies! I wanted to order them from this website but saw ones today at Walmart and I believe they are the same. They looked smaller than I expected but sounded nice so I'll get them soon. =)

However, now I have this dilemma: when should we give the bells to the guests? I was originally going to put them either on the separate table for wedding favors or put one next to each guest's plate. Now I also like the idea of the guests ringing the bells while we will be walking out of the church. I don't know what to choose: giving the bells in the church and having to come up with different favors or waiting till the reception and skipping bells in the church?

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I would put one next to each guest's plate. I think, since these are favors, it makes more sense to have them at the reception. I've never seen a favor given at the ceremony.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    do the bells at the church and you don't need another favor, this is fine, but I love the idea of them rung to celebrate your marriage!
  • edited December 2011
    Why don't you put the bells on the chairs at your reception (if you have cahirs). I think your guests will understand that they are the favors. One dilemma would be if your ceremony adn reception are in 2 different locations, most people probably would not take them from one to the next.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin and his wife filled their own clear christmas ornaments with wedding color stuff with a paper that also had their names and the date. We took ours, but that's because our tree is all about memory type ornaments. I can't say what others would think about that...
    engagementWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards