Favors
Options

FI wants to do favors

Today my FI told me he knew what he wanted for favors. Those little bubble bottles in the shape of a wedding cake. Like this...

Wedding Cake Bubble Bottles

Well, I asked him if they were for the end of the ceremony or for people to take home. He said to take home. I told him I figured we'd not do favors because the cost adds up (and, which I did not say but most people, espeically brides-to-be, know that it's useless & nobody cares! Cutting out favors is a definate way to save money). Should I just go with it?

(Funny thing is, he says he's letting me plan everything, that it's my day. Which I disagree because it's our day. And then he has opionions on everything. Hahaha. Guys are so funny!)
Leslie 3 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FI wants to do favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know right! He wants to do it because some guy in his fraternity had it at his wedding. I mentioned that if we do a dessert reception then having a candy bar with some little favor bags set up & letting people pick what they want. Or even doing it with nuts & stuff like that. He just looked at me like I'm weird or something! But I do agree it's great that he has ideas & wants to contribute!
    Leslie 3 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless I was going to give the favor away to a small child, I would have no use for taking bubbles home. It's probably the only favor he's ever seen, and that's why he wants them. If he's set on favors, show him some other examples!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    scullisculli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding a few years ago and they had the bubbles as favors, at the end of the night I'd say 90% of them were left.  The bride and groom even decorated them.  I think the only people who took them were a couple of the kids.  If you are having kids at the wedding maybe have these available for them so that way your FI's idea is used.
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was cute and kinda made me laugh that he would think that people would want to take bubbles home. Maybe if you decide to skip favors, to make your FI happy, get some bubbles for people for your exit out of the ceremony.

You could point out to him that you listened to what he wanted ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oriental Trading has these for $7 for 2 dozen. If he has his heart set on them, and this will truly make your FI happy, why not do 50 or so bubbles for folks who want them, (or maybe enough for everyone, depending on your guest list size) and then another favor entirely?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards