Favors
Options

Favours for the women only?

I have people telling me that the bonbonierres (favours) are only for the women.  I don't mind doing them for everyone, would it be really weird to do that?

Re: Favours for the women only?

• Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you should thank your guests by excluding the men. If you choose to do favors please include everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard that, and I think it's pretty rude for anyone to plan favors with only their female guests in mind.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    SeasonalFavorSeasonalFavor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree I don't think you should exclude the men.
  • Options
    lindsay5432lindsay5432 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I did some research and I guess this tradition started with giving the women a small piece of the wedding cake (usually fruitcake) to take home, so that they could sleep with it under their pillow and dream of the man they were going to marry.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It may have been that way in years past, but nowdays guests are given favors equally. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also never heard of that, and I think you should include everyone who attends your wedding if your do favors.
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs. I've never heard of this tradition. If you opt to use favors, you need to provide them for all of your guests.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Give everyone a favor.
  • Options
    MistyEyeBrideMistyEyeBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cake tradition is from the origins of the groom's cake.  So, maybe that's the precursor to favors?  Sorry, I'm big into traditions and their origins now that I'm planning my own wedding, so I love this sort of thing.

However, I agree that favors should be for all the guests.  I guess if you had something that was women only that you just loved, you could just find something more guy-oriented to go with it and do half of each?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of that either!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards