Favors
Options

Ideas for non-edible favors

I am thinking about this way ahead of time, so I'm in no hurry, but I started to think about favor ideas today.  My first thought was chocolate or some kind of sweet.  Then I thought about the fact that diabetes runs rampant in my fiance's family, so I realized that idea is no good.  Anyone have ideas for a diabetes-friendly (probably non-edible) favor that people will like and enjoy, but that won't break the bank?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ideas for non-edible favors

• Options
    Diabetics eat snacks and treats too, they just plan for it.  You would be fine (and I really encourage you) to go with edible.  If you really don't want to go with edibles, why not just skip favors all together?  They aren't required and it is perfectly fine to not have them.
  • Options
    I'd go for edible or consumable ... it doesn't have to be a sweet/candy, although that's popular.  Depending on what your area / guest list are like, you might consider something that can be planted (seeds, bulbs) or something else that can be used up and won't gather dust.  I was thinking of doing bulbs until our wedding date changed from fall to spring ... now I'm thinking about maybe these:

http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/birdseed-wedding-favor-hearts-easy-and-inexpensive-diy/

And as PP said, you don't have to do them at all if nothing "clicks" for you.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_ideas-for-non-edible-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:41febcdf-9a99-4d51-928b-fd057915b79fPost:e1bc328d-3bd6-43dc-8815-bdc780f6db1c">Ideas for non-edible favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am thinking about this way ahead of time, so I'm in no hurry, but I started to think about favor ideas today.  My first thought was chocolate or some kind of sweet.  Then I thought about the fact that diabetes runs rampant in my fiance's family, so I realized that idea is no good.  Anyone have ideas for a diabetes-friendly (probably non-edible) favor that people will like and enjoy, but that won't break the bank?
    Posted by walgrrl[/QUOTE]

<div>I love the idea of seed packets with a small container, or even just the packets. Some are customizable look at <a href="http://www.bentleyseeds.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.bentleyseeds.com</a></div><div>I always like favors that can be used. </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    My FI and I are huge coffee, hot coco and tea drinkers- so, to bring something personal to the wedding favors (that represents what we love) we are deciding to collect cute coffee mugs and display them near the beverage station for the guests. They get to choose a cute mug, use it at the wedding for their coffee, and then take them home to remember the night by :) 

A lot of brides like to do monogrammed things, but I feel that most people throw them out or put them away because it's not very likely that they want someone elses monograms in their house (on coasters, candleholders, picture frames, etc) So, something that they can use time after time is perfect, and doesn't waste your money! We are going to get ceramic pens and write our initials and the wedding date on the botton, but other than that, they won't have to look at our information all over their glass~

The best part?!?! I collected them over the year that we were engaged from places like Goodwill, Salvation Army, Yard sales and estate sales... and didn't pay more than 50-70 cents a piece (some I even got for a quarter!! Talk about great deals!!)!  It's an inexpensive idea and it's something that most everyone will get use out of afterwards! I don't know anyone who doesn't have a coffee or hot coco drinker at their house!!

We were originally going a different route with favors and it was going to cost $350 for 150 guests. Now, at an average of 50 cents a piece, I'm spending about $75- that saves me $275 to either save for the honeymoon, or put somewhere else towards the wedding :) 

Whatever you decide on, try to make it personal so the guests see you and your FI reflected in it and above all: Have fun with it!!! 

Good luck, and have a fun time planning the rest of your wedding!! 
  • Options
    We're having a photobooth as our favor. It ends up being about $1.50/guest (if they only do one strip). Which is comprable to the cost of an edible favor. I'm not sure your budget, but photobooths tend to be a big hit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Our family and friends were there for a party..we obviously knew this was the case and we opted for can koozies from www.totallyweddingkoozies.com...everyone loved them! It's something that they have and can keep as opposed to something edible. We also really liked the idea of something plantable..I think its an adorable idea. The photobooths are becoming very popular..I was just at a wedding with one. It was great and everyone loved it..but I went home wondering where my favor was!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards