Favors

Out of Town Guests - Destination Wedding

Getting married in Anguilla in October. want to create cute gift bags but not sure what to get - want something special but not too expensive.

so far thinking:
lip balm
playing cards
mints
water

but it's missing something. HELP!

Re: Out of Town Guests - Destination Wedding

• CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    read the ideas post at the top of the forum, it will give you several ideas.  IMO, the best way to go would be edible.  Not everyone is a lip balm fan, especially a cheap off brand.  I am particular about the brand I prefer and if I get a "free" one somewhere it's usually tossed.  Not everyone enjoys playing cards, and if it's something personalized, they can't really even give it away.  Mints would be alright.  Water is not a favor, it is a necessity.  And most people couldn't care less if it has a personalized label on it as it is going straight to the trash when they are done.  your WEDDING is the special part, the favors really don't matter in the big realm.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • jaertkerjaertker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my friend did personalized Us Weekly magazines and put them in her hotel welcome bags. They were 8 page full color magaziines with articles about the couple, the wedding party, interviews with the family and best man, etc. Really a cute way for the out of town guests to get to know the couple and wedding party on a more personal level. Adorable.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jaertker:  a total of 7 posts in two days and every single one of them about this product.  Are you a vendor?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could be!  Good observation Trix.  I personally think an "Us Weekly" is somewhat lame!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CA2MT:  I thought so as well.  Incredibly AW-ish to me, and that's going some in an event that is, essentially already completely about the Bride and Groom.

Honestly, I don't think I could possibly care less  about getting bios of the WP, or hearing the proposal story, or the dating history,  for a wedding at which I'm a guest.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I want to know, I will ask.
  • edited December 2011
    Sunblock may be a good idea- from a bargain store- if you're looking to be cost effective. Or beach towels- you can buy them in bulk.  All of the other things are really cute ideas.  I'm planning my welcome bags too!
  • edited December 2011
    Flip flops...
    I bought some green ones cheap ($1.49) from Old Navy on Line for women and brown ones for 99cents for men from the 99cents store.
    I saw some at Target for 2.50 this weekend....
  • edited December 2011
    Something snacky?  Granola bars, honey roasted peanuts, trail mix, chocolate in any conceivable form?  Sorry, I like snacks.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards