Favors

Favor ideas for country/winery wedding!

Anyone have ideas for a country/winery themed wedding? I prefer to use something closer to 'country' rather than giving away mini wine bottles. There's about 30 people total. I'm looking to do something somewhat easy, or not too costly. I'm open to do-it-yourself as well. I'm also hoping to have something people can keep, rather than consuming and throwing away.

Some ideas I had:
- Engraved leather key chains (I'm from Canada Ontario but can't find anywhere that does this, but I love the idea)
- Engraved picture frame, not sure how much this would cost, doesn't really go with the country theme

Thanks so much!!! :)

Re: Favor ideas for country/winery wedding!

• edited April 2012
    Key chains and frames would probably just be thrown out.  How about corkscrews?  If there is a place to engreave them you can but do not put your names or wedding date there.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • edited April 2012
    Really, you think for the leather key chains? It's just close family and friends there and I know they would snap the key chain onto their keys pretty quickly. It's not something they have to think about and put on display. And they would be a good quality leather key chain.

I thought about a bottle opener or corkscrew but it doesn't feel 'special' to me. It's more practical. And not everyone drinks wine there. I feel like the key chain is generic and stylish at the same time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favor-ideas-for-countrywinery-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:482cb523-998a-48b2-a594-05857e7a5ffaPost:e28d4911-1e79-41c4-b71b-cba4229b5455">Re: Favor ideas for country/winery wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really, you think for the leather key chains? It's just close family and friends there and I know they would snap the key chain onto their keys pretty quickly. It's not something they have to think about and put on display. And they would be a good quality leather key chain. I thought about a bottle opener or corkscrew but it doesn't feel 'special' to me. It's more practical. And not everyone drinks wine there. I feel like the key chain is generic and stylish at the same time.
    Posted by KarenSzarko[/QUOTE]

You want practical or edible for wedding favors.  I don't know many people who have keychains. Most people have key rings and that is it. 
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • If i got a nice leather keychain, it would probably go on a spare set of keys.   I really don't like clunky things on the keys I carry around every day.  If it had your names/wedding date on it, I probably wouldn't take one.

Edible favors are generally better-received.  Not sure where you are getting married, but maybe you can use something that's a specialty of that area, or of Ontario where you're from.   Special candies or chocolates are good, or if you have a favorite local bakery you could do cookies or cupcakes (we did cupcakes as favors and it was pretty cheap -- about $1.50 per person, including delivery).   We over-ordered by about 25%, and there wasn't a single one left over at the end of the reception!
    DSC_9275
  • edited April 2012
    I would go with a Dessert Table and or Candy Buffet w/ a Country Sachets to put the candy in and the table decor to include horse shoes,  etc, you can really impress your guest with Edible Wedding favors, and at the end of the night they have the sweets to take home with your tag or labels on them with your mesg.  Even with a Country theme, your guest can kow that LOVE IS SWEET check out www.AdrienneBowenEvents.com
  • adrienne bowen - you are spamming the boards with your advertising.  i am reporting all of  your posts.  This is against the rules in the pesky terms of service  you agreed to.
  • I love the cork screw idea or even if you can find miniature wine barrels and put candy in them. It would take some searching but I know they are there. Google them here is a pic.
  • I found a wonderful website that provides inspiration images of favors and candy bars and where to purchase products to get that dream image. Check it out and good luck!

• janegoodey - apparently you missed the pesky little part of the terms of service where vendors arent allowed to advertise on the boards.  How can you trust a vendor who can't follow rules?  All of your posts advertise the website in your post.

reported.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards