Favors
Options

Need some advice brides

We are getting married on a cruise ship headed to the Bahamas.  I am trying to figure out unique ways to showcase that at our reception.  I came up with a idea and wanted to get some opinions.

On the cruise ship they have photographers at certain areas with a backdrop that you stand in front of and get your picture taken.  You can then purchase these pictures and normally they have some type of frame around them saying the name of the ship you were on and the date.  I was thinking what about if we did something similar at the reception that our guest could do and get their pictures done.  Then when we send out our thank you's we could include the picture and a frame around it with our names and date of the Reception.  We would of course find a backdrop of the ocean or some palm trees to fit with the theme.

I thought this might be a unique favor.  What do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need some advice brides

• Options
    missdolcemissdolce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a nice idea. I know that when you take the pictures in front of the back drops on the cruises, it can be quite a process with multiple poses, which is no fun, so I would stay away from that. I would see if you could work out a deal with the cruise ship photographers if they can do that for your guests when they enter the reception. They have a printing service on the boat and they can print the photos by the next day. It is something that your guests can have even before they leave the ship, so you won't have to send them out. So it can be a nice keepsake from the cruise, and maybe can double as a favor?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is a nice idea... just be awaret hat the photos probably cost $20. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I should have said that I didn't mean for these to be on taken on the ship.  We are having a reception back in our city once we get back which is where we would be doing these pictures at to incorporate the cruise theme.

I really like the luggage tag idea!  Thanks for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a cute idea but I wouldn't personalize the frame with your names and dates.  A lot of people really don't hang on to those.
  • Options
    jbtartjbtart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This sounds like a supercute idea, but be aware that they will most likely end up costing you more time, money, and energy per guest.  They also won't have that instant gratification of getting the favor while at the reception (if you intend on mailing it with the thank you card).

In addition to luggage tags, I've seen personalized beach towels and passport covers (for a destination).
    imageimageimage

Sept 2011 August Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 190 Made the cut!
    image 68 Are ready to party! image 31 Are missing out! image 91 Can't find their mailbox!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE THE BEACH TOWEL IDEA!!!!!!  You guys are awesome :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards