Favors

Carmel Apples

Hi All,

I have decided I want to do carmel apples for our favors, since we're getting married in late-October and it seems very Fall. Plus, I LOVE them! :)

Has anyone ever done this?  How'd it go/work? What did you use to wrap each apple?

Do you make 1 favor for each person or 1 for each invite (like- 1/couple)? If you do 1/person, do you really make 1 for each person or do you do some less, assuming some people won't take it?

Thanks!

Re: Carmel Apples

• McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Delicious idea!  I would say you probably don't need to do one for every guest, but I feel compelled to just in case.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • nannewmurnannewmur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do one per person-I look at it like a dessert-I wouldn't want to share it!
  • edited December 2011
    One per guest because I think almost everyone would want one :)  Also the only think that you should really look into is making sure you can get them in whatever you package them in easily.  I saw it on Bridezillas once, the bride was having issues putting them in the cellophane bags.  I know that is a little random but I always remembered this for some reason.

Great idea by the way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also don't do them too far in advance, I went to a wedding where the bride did this and made the apples like a month ahead of time just to get them done. Suffice it to say they were nasty LOL

Spray the apple or the inside of the cellophane with a little butter spray to keep it from sticking. Emphasis on a little!
  • edited December 2011
    I would do one for each person. Sounds yummy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards