Favors
Options

Chocolate Covered Strawberry favors

Has anyone ever done chocolate covered strawberries favors? I wanted to know how many days before the wedding I should begin to make them and what type of wrappings or boxes would be good to use?

thx. Shayna

Re: Chocolate Covered Strawberry favors

• Options
    When I worked for a catering company, we used to make them all of the time.  They're not hard to make, but it can be a slow process.  They need to go in the fridge to set and then stay cold until ready to be served.  But they can also get "sweaty" easily, too when put out.  THey sit well on wax paper.  As far as how many days ahead, IDK for sure - we always made them the day of.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2012
    OMG Mrs B - have  you been feeding Baby B Miracle Grow or what?  She gives a whole new meaning to "so stinking cute!!"

OP - strawberries are incredibly fragile and don't have much of a shelf life.  We had about 30 quarts go through our house this month.  You really couldn't do those much more than a day ahead of time and then you have to refrigerate them.  That is a lot of work the day before the wedding.

Why can't I get invited to weddings with these?
  • Options
    Aw, thanks km!  We're very proud of her!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Every time I've made these, we've had to eat them all within two days.  After that, the strawberry starts to break down and get mushy.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    I don't recommend them just based on the amount of people who have allergies. They also should be chilled until served as stated in a pp and even made the night before juices still have the tendency to collect and make a mess.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Like JoeAnne, I would also be considerate of the fact that people can have an allergic reaction to strawberries.  Is there anything else that's not perishable you could dip?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards