Favors
Options

no favors. Is it rude?

My fiance have decided not to have children at our wedding, mostly because our cousins/2nd cousins are monsters and there are soooooo many of them we could never afford to feed all of them. We've been worried about the etiquette of not inviting young family members, but it is what it is.

But now my fiance doesn't want to have favors since it's a waste of the (very tight) budget just to have people forget/toss/overlook. Is this crossing the line from "streamlining the budget" to just plain rude? No one seems to like favors, especially if they're cheap or melting in the sun. We are having a very unique, memorable and mature theme to our wedding I'm wondering if that experience in itself is good enough?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: no favors. Is it rude?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As PP said - it is most definitely not rude. I would keep your mind (and budget) on your guests having fun! Most people won't even notice they're missing. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is most definitely not rude. I doubt your guests will notice.
  • Options
    mizzicantwaitmizzicantwait member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed! Most people won't notice and if they do they will probably think they just forgot it. (There is so much to do at weddings)
    Your FI is focused!!! That's good. Mine wants to add things here and there and then he says "Why are you spending so much $?" Why I outta..lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I originally didn't want favors, and to be honest I still don't want them. FI couldn't care less either way. I'm handling all of our money so he just lets me decide what to use it on as far as wedding stuff. My sisters called me all excited suggesting a candy bar, they even made of list of "suggested candy", all their favorites of course. They were laughing when they called so it's not like they were demanding it in any way, they were just asking what I had planned. I told them I'd think about it. If I do have favors, that will probably be it. At least that way if people want candy they'll take it, if not then more for us. lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!
    I'm glad it isnt as big of a deal as I was worried it was.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards