Favors
Options

Wine corks needed

I want to be creative with my favors. I need wine corks, anyone know where I can get them for cheap???

***email address removed for safety of user***

Thank you,
Kisssarah

Re: Wine corks needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask what you will be doing with the wine corks?  Sounds interesting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of doing place card holders. So guests will each have a card in a cork (slit with a razor blade) with their name and table #. We are getting married at a winery!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think that's a great idea for the place cards!

i would ask the winery...you may be able to buy some from it or it may just give you a bag of them.  if the winery has a tasting room, it likely throws out lots of corks each day.  when i've been in big tasting rooms, i've seen people ask for the buckets of the used corks.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a good idea...and challenge to me. Maybe you, your family, and close friends could start saving up now for your May wedding. You would only have to buy the remaining amount needed if you still hadn't collected enough before the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah, I removed your email address. Please do not post with this sort of information, you never know who will take it and run with it.

As PP said, check with the winery and see what they can do.  I have also searched on google for corks and have found them for as little as $.09 a piece.  Do a little research and you can find them.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many do you need? I have quite a few I can send you. At least 1 full quart size bag. You can just pay for the postage.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your other option is to find a restaurant that serves a lot of wine and simply as the manager or bartender if they can save some for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I got 250 wine corks from ebay for $5.  They were from multiple wineries and never used so they did not have the holes in the ends of them from a corkscrew.  I am doing the same thing with the cork place card holders :).  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards