Favors

Candy Buffet

I'm doing a candy buffet for favors and I'm trying to figure out how much candy I need per quest.  With the research I have done so far, I have come up with answers varying from 4oz per guest to 1lb per guest.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Candy Buffet

• edited December 2011
    i had a candy buffet at my wedding i ordered about 110 pds of candy for 135 guests which is about 3/4's a pound mabye a little more each guest and i had some left over at the end of the night, if i had to guess i would go with about 1/2 a pound per guest.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest 1/4 lb. to no more than 1/2 lb. per person.  I did 1/2 lb. per person and had a TON left over.  I think 1/4 lb. is more accurate personally.
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on doing a candy bar as well at my wedding in October. They are really popular right now! My venue is providing jars and scoops. So I'm not sure about that part. However I found a website that I was thinking about using to order my candy from. I haven't done a lot of research to know if there is another one that is cheaper. Anyway, its groovycandies.com. I checked it out and they sell 1/2 pound, 2pound and 5 pound bags of candy. They have a really good mix too? I'll let you know if I find anything better... Hope this helps!
  • jzmierskjzmiersk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a candy bar as well, and have about 150 people coming.  I researched and found we need 10-15 lb of bulk candy (jelly beans, m & m's)  and then for individually wrapped candy/chocolates we averaged 1-2 candies per person.   I think that would work out, because some people will have more and some people will not take any candy.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Our guestlist is 150 and for our buffet I was told approx 20-25 pounds. This sounds like it may be a little lower than what some of the other girls have suggested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards